OM system's new body OM-1 support

ON1 unfortunately doesn’t handle high res shots from any Olympus/OM System cameras and probably never will.

DxO PhotoLab 5.3 should be out any day now.

From what I recall, most major updates have dropped around the 2nd week of the release month.

When asked by customers they say they dont know when- surly they can ask the development team and give a estimated date.

I did not mention high res shots, just talking about RAW files.

All PL x.3 versions were released in early June, but it’s not an “exact science” :rofl:

1 Like

Today there was an update for PureRaw (version 2.0.2) but without support for the OM SYSTEM Olympus OM-1. I really hope that DXO will stick to the roadmap and release an update for PL5 with support for the OM-1 in June. The patience of many OM-1 users is almost at an end. Especially when I see that all other providers (Adobe, Capture One, ON1…) already have the OM-1 in their programme. I’m also considering whether it’s time to look for other software, Topaz would be an option. I can understand DXO taking its time, but as an MFT user I’m starting to feel a bit neglected. I read on an Oly forum that you can at least open the OM-1 raw files on Windows and edit them without lens profiles, why can’t you do that on the Mac???
Maybe @Marie can tell us how long we have to be patient, the frustration in the MFT community is getting bigger and bigger.

Greetings Jörg

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

6 Likes

@Marie any update here?

3 Likes

it’s ok with a new V5.3 :+1:

2 Likes

DxO PhotoLab 5.3 is officially available :wink:

5 Likes

…and it offers full Apple Silicon support, wohoo! Thank you @Marie and the rest of the team! :pray:

3 Likes

Sadly no support in PureRaw 2 yet :frowning:

1 Like

Je confirme la 5.3 supporte l’OM-1, et certains modules optiques téléchargés également.

L e résultat est propre. Quelqu’un a-t-il testé le mode High Res ?

Finally! Seems to be quite fast with Apple silicon too. Thank you.

1 Like

They seem to be saying now it will be a few weeks.

1 Like

It was worth the wait! So much better results than I can get from OMW.

I am glad you find the results you are getting are superior and that it was worth the wait. I read your post from March 30 which was a result of frustration and less than complimentary. When I first became a PhotoLab user almost 5 years ago I too expressed my frustration with the slow support for new hardware, but over time I learned, like you, that it was worth the wait and I’m much more patient now.

Mark.

I too am amazed by the additional sharpness & level of detail I can get from my RAW OM-1 files with PL5. Far superior to OM Workspace and C1.

1 Like

When will there be OM-1 support in DXO PureRaw2? Please also add support for the M.Zuiko Digital 2X Teleconverter MC-20 to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens. Thanks.

Hello,

@VlastoOpatovsky , OM-1 support in PureRAW 2 will come in a few weeks.
Concerning M.Zuiko Digital 2X Teleconverter MC-20 to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens we are waiting for a loan of the lens, it’s planned but I don’t have a date yet.

Marie

3 Likes

Few weeks? Website says June and there are only 10 days of June left. So is the June statement incorrect?