OM system's new body OM-1 support

I will receive mine next friday. I so agree with you.

2 Likes

Hello, please have a look at this site and request the camera/lens combination you need: Suggest Module - DxO

I can’t see how I can suggest the OM-1 at that page. Select Olympus, and it’s not listed.

Agree, just realized the same. But reading the whole thread now, I saw that Marie from DXO already wrote that it will be supported.

It will definitely be supported since it probably will be an important new camera. So it won’t be a question of if, but of when.

Mark

Hello,

we will support the OM-1 in spring but I can’t provide the date yet.

Regards,
Marie

8 Likes

Hi Marie

As you may be aware the camera distribution and sales are (globally) happening apace.

Interestingly, LightRoom, Capture One and another I cannot recall are now apparently supporting the OM-1…so in common with all my fellow PL5 users, I am eagerly awaiting your confirmation that it will be supported :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello Marie,

thanks for that information. I hope it’ll be early spring and not late spring, as I hope to receive my OM-1 within March. For me it’ll be fine to have beta support really soon and final version later.

Kind regards,

Friedhelm

The OM-1’s sale is going extremely well and there will be a very large number of photographers eagerly waiting for the support to come. I’ll get my copy of the new body on 11th March.

2 Likes

Hello Marie - Do you have an update on when OM-1 camera will be supported. Have just switched over to DXO from Lightroom and my post processing has ground to a halt because Photolab can’t read file?

1 Like

Hi all,

can someone of you who already has the OM-1 provide a raw file that he made himself?

best regards

Guenter

1 Like

Not sure what sort of images you are looking for, here is a link to some XRite ColourChecker images that I took to assess noise performance between my EM1X and the new OM1.

Best wishes, Peter

Thanks @Peter-S ,

I#ve downloaded them, but I’m more interested in real Life photos go landscape, sports, architecture and so on.

Best regards

Guenter

Hello Marie,

Any update re OM-1 support? Currently, I’m back on Lightroom for the foreseeable future.

Ian

Dear @IanM

maybe you missed Maries post 7 days ago “we will support the OM-1 in spring but I can’t provide the date yet.” :smile:

Spring has just started :innocent:

Enjoy you new OM-1 and maybe you can share a landscape orf for me

best regards

Guenter (still owning the old but good EM5MII, but looking forward)

Dear @Guenterm ,

Thanks, I didn’t miss it.
Spring ends in June but my LR renews in April, hence my chasing for update.
I guess it matters not, even if a date was advised it could still slip - I’ll just have to choose in April.

I have no landscape image to share at the moment, but will share when I do.

Best regards,
Ian

1 Like

Hi Guenterm,
Here is a landscape ORF (handheld hi-res).

Steve
P3120959.ORF (37.9 MB)

Adding the ORI (renamed to …b.ORF) and JPG files, in case you are interested.

P3120959b.ORF (17.0 MB)

(3rd attempt to post) Guenterm, I have been lucky enough to be shooting with the OM1 since 5 March here in Australia. However, the OMS AI noise reduction module exceeds the capabilities of my computer (4GB VRAM on NVIDIA) and I therefore have a backlog of files for DXO. However, I have taken some remarkable very high ISO shots and have posted some on Facebook sites. I’m certain these will be better through DXO and deliberately shot at high ISO to test the new camera. First, the JPEG at ISO 51,200 (zero processing)

I will also copy you the RAW (still waiting for DXO to add NR).
4 Fairy Wren 51200.ORF (24.3 MB)

Dear @Greensteves/Steve , dear @BobOwe/Bob

thanks for this first impressions I will take a look tomorrow.
My dealer will have the body end of march for a first hands on :grinning:

I wish you both a lot of fun with your new OM1

best regards and stay healthy

Guenter