OM system's new body OM-1 support

They seem to be saying now it will be a few weeks.

1 Like

It was worth the wait! So much better results than I can get from OMW.

I am glad you find the results you are getting are superior and that it was worth the wait. I read your post from March 30 which was a result of frustration and less than complimentary. When I first became a PhotoLab user almost 5 years ago I too expressed my frustration with the slow support for new hardware, but over time I learned, like you, that it was worth the wait and I’m much more patient now.

Mark.

I too am amazed by the additional sharpness & level of detail I can get from my RAW OM-1 files with PL5. Far superior to OM Workspace and C1.

1 Like

When will there be OM-1 support in DXO PureRaw2? Please also add support for the M.Zuiko Digital 2X Teleconverter MC-20 to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens. Thanks.

Hello,

@VlastoOpatovsky , OM-1 support in PureRAW 2 will come in a few weeks.
Concerning M.Zuiko Digital 2X Teleconverter MC-20 to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens we are waiting for a loan of the lens, it’s planned but I don’t have a date yet.

Marie

3 Likes

Few weeks? Website says June and there are only 10 days of June left. So is the June statement incorrect?

I believe that the June statement was for PhotoLab only.

When I asked about Pure Raw I got this … so June is what I am expecting

Greetings,

We do not know when in June unfortunately, we have the same information that is provided on the supported camera page.

regards,

1 Like

Very happy with the results I’m getting from the latest update :slight_smile:

“OM-1 support in PureRAW 2 will come in a few weeks.
Concerning M.Zuiko Digital 2X Teleconverter MC-20 to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens we are waiting for a loan of the lens, it’s planned but I don’t have a date yet.”
@Marie How about the 1,4x teleconverter with 150-400Pro lens? Will you be calibrating that also at the same time perhaps?

1 Like

Then release the OM-1 and deliver the lens profile for the 150-400 later. Then at least the OM-1 owners who don’t have the 150-400 could already work with PureRaw.

1 Like

That is exactly what they’re going to be doing. The body will be supported in PureRAW in a few weeks and the lens support will come later.

Mark

@JoergSF Zuiko 150-400Pro is all ready supported, but 150-400Pro with external teleconverters are not and that means that there will be no delay because of the 150-400Pro lens. It’s all ready there. Only the external teleconverters are missing so far.

@jukpek That’s what I understood. But not every OM-1 owner has or needs a 150-400, it will be a minority who have the 150-400. You could simply release the support for the OM-1 with the lens profiles that are already there and add the profile of the 150-400 with the 2x converter. Why should everyone wait for this one profile when everything is actually already ready?
Greetings Jörg

@JoergSF The support for OM-1 will be there even without 150-400Pro+converters. The support for 150-400Pro with external converters will come later as a separate update don’t worry. @Marie has all ready informed about that.

I agree with your viewpoint entirely. I bought OM-1 when first released, I purchased the DxO upgrade expecting the OM-1 to be in there in the near future. We have been told “Spring”, “before Summer” and “not 1st June”, it is now 22 June and as I understand matters we have still not been given a straight answer to what must be one of the most asked questions…I feel I am going to rant so I will leave it there.

2 Likes

A straight answer to what exactly? The camera is now supported in PL 5.3 and will be supported in PureRAW in a few more weeks. Are you referring to something else?

Mark

No the straight answer to the straight question would be the date or at least the week in which it would be updated, you appear to be discarding all the previous indefinite replies which were woolly at best varying from spring to before summer or sometime in June. I am concerned that whenever the question is asked a clear definitive answer is not provided. How long is a few more weeks given that we are now in the third week of June - sounds to me as though the June deadline is not going to be met. So when? It will be between date… and date… or quite simply you do not know - that would be a clear answer.

2 Likes

They can’t and won’t give you greater specificity if they are not 100% certain about it. To do that would create an expectation they may fail to meet. It is coming soon. I know it is a bit frustrating, but you will have to try to be patient.

Mark