OM-1 Raw File compatability

I don’t doubt the superiority of the DXO profiles either, they are really great. But I am also very satisfied with the camera profiles supplied so far by Capture One or Lightroom. I need PureRaw primarily for denoising and sharpening my photos and Topaz can keep up with that quite well. I transfer a photo from C1 or LR to PureRaw and then process the DNG, that’s all. In the next few days I’ll test how it works with Topaz and then decide how to proceed.
Once again, the OM-1 is already supported in PhotoLab 5, so it can’t be that difficult to do the same in PureRaw.
Sometimes I get the impression that DXO doesn’t treat MFT the same way as other systems.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

I wouldn’t make that assumption. It took almost 3 months for DxO to provide support for my Nikon Z fc mirrorless APS-C body, and that required upgrading to PhotoLab 5 when it was released. It was not a big deal for me because I was going to upgrade anyway.

It also took a while for the Nikon Z9 to be supported, and the HE mode for that camera won’t be supported for a while yet.

Mark

Topaz Denoise AI and ON1’s NoNoise can keep up with Deep Prime up to about 1600-2000 ISO, DP is still cleaner and more detailed but the other two are still not bad at these “low” ISOs. At really high ISO’s DxO’s Deep Prime blows the other two away.

Here’s what you will be giving up. This is a photo shot by forum member Mike Myers. It was taken at 12,800 ISO: Top left is the original NEF file with no noise reduction applied; Top right is ON1 NoNoise; Bottom left is DxO Deep Prime; Bottom right is Topaz Denoise AI. All the noise-reduced files were processed with their default settings. I had to raise the exposure of all four files by two stops so that you could see anything. Files are all viewed in FastStone IV at 300% magnification. I just wanted to let you know. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure if the differences are visible on the forum so please click the screenshot twice to see it full scale.

1 Like

Cant wait it anymore :smiley:

About 2 weeks and we should get Pureraw support for OM-1… I really hope they do it and there is no delay anymore…

From support about 5 minutes ago:

“The camera you mentioned is already on our development roadmap, but has not yet been scheduled for release. Due to this, I unfortunately cannot give you a time frame for support at this time.”

This smacks of very bad DevOps processes considering PureRAW is a subset of PhotoLab, it shouldn’t require much more than a recompilation of PR and packaging it up for release.

1 Like

Hello,

you only have a few days to wait for the OM-1 support.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

@Marie maybe you should talk to you people internally as your support staff say otherwise, so one of you is clearly being misinformed…

we are all still waiting for the update

they said it comes tomorrow…

yea its here , how do i get the dx o into light room when i right click edit as dxo
you can with topaz

Seems that the reason for the delay is that DxO has decided to wait for the profiles for Canon new R-model profiles to be ready - not OM-1 only.

Yet, I am sure they would have rushed out an update for new Canon cameras…

Well they surely did. It took over three months before DxO reveiled support for OM-1 but only a couple of weeks before new Canpn R-bodies got the module. This just proves that money talks.

Hello,

Since July release we synchronize support of cameras in our different sofware so you will not have such difference of support anymore.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

been trying it out but seems to over sharpen even when unticked box

Hello,

at the beginning of October we will update Optic modules of the OM-1 to reduce default lens sharpness.

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes

That will be very welcome. Thanks.
Mike