Old version of Nik

I have the old version on disc of Silver Efex Pro 2 and the suite
Is it now necessary to repurchase them?
Thanks and apologies if this question has been asked a gazillion times.
Kevin

No if this version suits you.

2 Likes

If you can re-install your current version (download the installer from your DxO shop account)
you could test the 30-day trial in order to find out if the new version suits you at all.

1 Like

Hi Franky, I forgot to mention that because of updates the old versions no longer work. And I don’t want to pay twice, which is what they want me to do.

Ok, for information, I tried the free version 1.2.11 and it works.
The old versions should still work, there are no version restrictions, on the releases notes, it is noted “PLx and later version”
Which version do you have?

It would help if you let us know what version of what operating system you are using?

Here is a link to the compatibility table

And note this from the DxO support site…

WARNING MESSAGE

General online Support is available only to customers who have purchased the paid version of the Nik Collection by DxO available since June 2018. Comprehensive support and software updates are only available for the newest release of Nik Collection by DxO, and those using the newest trial version.

Previous versions cannot be the subject of a request for assistance, because we have not developed them. However, you will find information on some of the known issues in the FAQs below.

For any stability issues, compatibility with the latest Adobe CC products and the latest Mac/Windows OS, and for future updates and our support, we strongly encourage you to purchase the latest version of the Nik Collection by DxO or to test our free 30 days trial version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Silver Efex Pro 2 works fine in both PL 4 and PL 5 on Mac OS Big Sur. If you update NIK, however, you won’t be able to reinstall NIK Collection 2 on Big Sur, since NIK will remove the old version when updating.

for Windows → Issues with Nik4 - #8 by Wolfgang