NIK version 2.5 from 2.3

According to my NIK software I am on 2.3. Checking with DxO I am up to date.

Yet NIK 2.5 is now available.
Is this an update to 2.3?
or a paid upgrade only?

Hi,

Your DxO account might not be in sync yet. Just launch one of the plugin and the link to the update installer will be made available. The update is free.

Cool, although I did that to check my version number lol.

I’ll give it a day or so to synch.

Thanks for the swift reply.

[quote=“tilltheendofeternity, post:3, topic:11969”]
Cool, although I did that to check my version number lol.[/quote]

You can just launch one of the plugins standalone (just run the .exe). The available update will be detected.

I did. CFEX4 and nothing.

Just repeated it. Nothing.
and SEP2

//Your DxO account might not be in sync yet.//

Just logged into my DxO account and says it is up to date.

Now I know it is a free update rather than a paid upgrade I will simply try again over the next few days. As you note, the accounts may not have been synched yet.

Try Analog Efex.

I had the same experience. However, I just downloaded and installed. When I finished the Nik Collection programs were all at 2.5.

Just tried them all. Zero.

You installed the trial version?

No. I installed from my account. Even though it said I was up to date.

Ok, will give that a try.

Cool, that worked. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I did. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

I did the same thing and all were updated to NIK 2.5. I had to open one of them and click on the Nik name to get it to display the version number. That was the only way I could tell that they were updated.

Or you could drill down to the location of the files themselves and see that the creation dates had changed.

Mark

The burning question: What has changed in the NIK collection between 2.3 and 2.5.
Is there a What’s new document /

1 Like

Feature:

Film Types

• Color Efex Pro 4 includes a new series of 5 film types.You will now have the ability to emulate the following film types: Agfa Precisa 100, Fuji FP 100C, Fuji Instax, Fuji Provia 400X and Lomo RedScale 100
  • Color Efex Pro 4 displays a new category “FILM” in the filter library
  • Color Efex Pro 4 updated the filter name “Film Efex: Modern” to “Film Efex: Modern (Branded)”Bug fixes:

Bug fixes:

• Viveza 2 color issue when launched from Affinity is fixed with Affinity 1.8 Compatibilities updates:

Compatibilities updates:

• Nik Collection 2.5 by DxO is now compatible with Affinity 1.8 (Serif)

2 Likes

…which is at dxo.com -> “Learn and Support” -> “Customer Support” -> “Nik Collection” -> Nik Collection 2 by DxO Release Notes.

1 Like

Hello, I have a problem with using NIK with Photoshop 2020. I have trial version. Computer stops working at every time during saving work in NIK :pensive:
This problem didnt exists in PS 2018.
Could you help me?

What do you mean by computer stops? Nik software freezes while saving the file?