Nik Collection Installation License

HI,

i have problems with my Nik installation it will not go forward - the installation freeze on the “license check” window
2020-01-01%2011_41_56-Window
Antiviren Software is from Avast, i have also try to deactivate it Antiviren and Firewall nothing happens. Windows 10 1903 x64

Last Entry from the Installation Log:

2020-01-02T10:58:39] --> Compute license folder
[2020-01-02T10:58:39] --> Folder: C:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses
[2020-01-02T10:58:39] --> Check current license
[2020-01-02T10:58:39] --> Execute activation tool ‘C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Temp\nsq8872.tmp\activationTool.exe’ with ‘check --licensefolder “C:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses”’

Someone have any ideas?

Installation from Photolab was successfull without any errors

Corrupted file maybe, try downloading again and install.

If it really is an issue with file corruption, why can’t the installer do a checksum validation on the installation file. If it fails then installation can abort with a message which is meaningful to the paying customer.
Simples or am I missing something?

A software registration might help, do it here: http://activation.dxo.com/Forms/registration.aspx?LID=1

Already done, same issue

Why should i register the software this is done by the installer and explain not why the installer stuck on this window - i dont get any issue. the window stuck and nothing go on

If its already registered, it won’t try to during installation.

ok so want i doing wrong?

i buy the software downloaded it and know try to install - but it stuck on the “check license” window

did you tried to register like @platypus mention above?
Windows OS, just ask Windows expert @sgospodarenko or try contacting DxO support by email to open a ticket.

Hello,

Nik Collection is not my sphere. I’d recommend you to address all the problems with activations directly to support.dxo.com as the further discussion will contain personal info like user ID, key etc.

Regards,
Svetlana G.