Nik Collection 6's Silver Efex Pro

What I found out is that I have to close applications that SEP “thinks” they are for it to be a plug-in including in my case Capture One.
If I open SEP with C1 or Photolab 5 open, the “save all” menu disappears. If you close everything and open only SEP, you can edit a bunch of images and at the end do “save all”.
It makes no sense, is not intuitive, wastes time, etc.
;-(

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

No problem :wink: Glad to help.

Question: did they FINALLY give us a command to hide all control points? Or do you still have to fiddle around with the mouse to make them disappear, only to have them reappear magically when you don’t want to see them? (I thought “H” might be a good shortcut… just spitballing.)

dont’t have Nik6 – but you may check this video at 2:30

not sure what you mean, you could always show/hide them by clicking the small check mark beside the control point you don’t want to see.

Thats what he meant with “fiddeling with the mouse”, he is asking for anything like ctrl+h for hide/unhide

1 Like

Well a week or so ago I installed the new version 6 and now I’m back using Nik 4 because 6 was crashing. And I couldn’t realistically use it because the menu’s are now so small and so much care is needed to place the mouse over the correct button/slider that workflow slowed dramatically. To be honest the Nik Removal tool did revive the system by getting rid of residual bits of previous versions and made it somewhat more stable, but even if it was rock solid they’ve ruined the interface. I can only think they design this stuff on massive screens and never think about desktop users on smaller but high quality monitors.

just wait for that special weekend coming up later!

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as @uncoy (except my version of NIK is even older, it’s v1) so I’m no longer entitled to any ‘current’ user discount. Consequently I’ve looked at updating NIK every Black Friday but even with the special BF price, I’ve found the cost is waaay more than I think it is worth to me, so I’ve passed every time.

2 Likes