Nik Collection 4 doesn't work on Windows 11....and now won't uninstall

I downloaded Nik Collection 4 from DxO yesterday and installed it onto a PC which has been recently updated to Windows 11.

The Nik Collection wouldn’t work within Photoshop CC, so I attempted to uninstall it and start again, but I got an error message stating “There is an error with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.” And then within the installer window I got an error status code: 0x80070643.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is anybody successfully running Nik Collection 4 on Windows 11?

Hi @Phil100 / Phil

welcome in the forum for the last day of the year.

I have DPL5 / Nik4 running on W11

Maybe it’s an good idea to deinstall via Windows-App Dialog restart windows and try again.

Good luck for solving the problem and a good start to the year 2022 with a lot of health, luck and optimism

Greetings,
Joining in.

@Phil100
Start by using system restore, and revert to the point in time prior to installing NiK4.

With NiK removed, perform some maintenance.

Elevated command prompt or powershell

chkdsk c: /r
(select “Y”) to run at boot time

Next command:

sfc /scannow
allow this to run, will show no integrity violations found… found corruption and repaired them, or found and cannot repair. (let us know the result)
If no issues are found, continue with .Net Repair. If issues are found and corrected, Restart your system

Now run the .Net Framework repair tool:
Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

-Restart your system.

If errors were found above (either command) run again and confirm no more issues with System File Checker or File System.

-Run windows Update (restart again if needed)

Download a fresh copy of the NiK Installer, run again and test.

If you are not able to complete the steps above, let us know and we can advise further.

If you have the installer log (with failures) for NiK, posting this might also help. They can be found here:

%UserProfile%\Documents\

1 Like

Hello, I am having the same issue. DXO PL5 has installed successfully, however the Nik Collection tab on the photolibrary compilation is greyed out and hovering over this says “not installed”… Cannot complete an uninstall on Windows 11 as the app does not show up anywhere! Here is the installer log:

[2022-01-08 14:12:56.455] [app] [info] [Utils.cpp:39] Logger ‘app’ registered in folder ‘C:\Users\monus\AppData\Roaming\DxO\Nik Collection\logs\InstallerUtils.log’. Last failed create directory erc 0
[2022-01-08 14:12:56.456] [app] [error] [Installer.cpp:572] Wrong language ID provided, skip processing
[2022-01-08 14:12:56.476] [app] [info] [Utils.cpp:39] Logger ‘app’ registered in folder ‘C:\Users\monus\AppData\Roaming\DxO\Nik Collection\logs\InstallerUtils.log’. Last failed create directory erc 0
[2022-01-08 14:12:56.497] [app] [info] [Utils.cpp:39] Logger ‘app’ registered in folder ‘C:\Users\monus\AppData\Roaming\DxO\Nik Collection\logs\InstallerUtils.log’. Last failed create directory erc 0

Hi Guenterm

Thanks very much for your response.

My main issue is that I can’t even reach the Windows-App Dialog as the app doesn’t even start up, I just get a message that it can’t run. But it is good to know that you have Nik4 running on Windows 11, so that gives me some hope if I can find a solution to my particular problem.

A very Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks very much Rick

I didn’t notice this at the time, but when I installed Windows 11 it didn’t create a system restore point (for some reason, this was turned off by default).

I’m also not very confident in how to run the commands you’ve suggested…while I don’t think I’m a complete PC novice I’m probably not quite capable/confident enough to uninstall Windows 11 and then run the commands you’ve suggested.

I really appreciate the reply, but I’m afraid it’s probably beyond my capabilities.

Hi Phil,
maybe we have misunderstood each other. I meant the Windows-setting app settings as described here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

I also once had the problem that a Nie version was not installed correctly, and could only uninstall it this way, restart the system and perform the installation again.

After that everything was ok

1 Like

Everyone, I did eventually manage to get rid of the installed Nik Collection - appears it was corrupt but did show up in the installed apps page. I reinstalled the app and everything works very well now!

1 Like

Thank you so much Guenterm. That did work, and I managed to uninstall Nik Collection fine, and then reinstalled it and that seemed to work.

I’m now getting an error message within Photoshop itself however, which says “Could not complete the Silver Efex Pro 2 command because of a problem with the filter module interface”. Has anyone come across that error message before?

you are welcome, but for the next problem one question…SEP2 is from NIK3, NIK4 has SEP3

I get confused every time with all the Version numbers in the DXO emperium :crazy_face:

I know there was a post by Wolfgang with some problems in the NIK parallel world with Nik3 and Nik4. maybe you can search for

1 Like

here it is → Issues with Nik4 - #8 by Wolfgang and further links

for compatibility → https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409304781201

1 Like