Nik Collection 4.3.4 causing Photoshop Elements 2020 to crash

I use Nik Collection as a plugin on my PC W10 x64 in DxO PhotoLab 5 AND Photoshop Elements 2020 (18 20201207.m.154403 x64). I recently updated Nik to version 4.3.4 and now when I try to open Photoshop Elements Editor 2020, it crashes within a few seconds before I can do anything.

My PC is under Windows 10, Édition Windows 10 Professionnel, Version 21H2, Installé le ‎21/‎10/‎2020, Build du système d’exploitation 19044.1682, Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, Language is FRENCH.

If I came back to Nik to version 4.3.3, everything is fine AGAIN and Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 works properly.

1 Like

Hi and welcome! For a problem like this, you should open a support ticket at support.dxo.com. it could also be an Adobe bug.

The same thing happened to me just now. I have an iMac on Big Sur. I finish my work in Photoshop Elements and now I can’t. I created a ticket. Whoever finds an answer first, please post it. What a drag. I don’t have the 4.3.3 version anymore. To uninstall and reinstall, I’ll have to save all my presets from all the programs and then reinstall them. I found an Adobe page regarding this and in trying to remove the plugins - it looks like the Plugin folder is missing. I followed the Adobe help with plugins page, but there is no “Plugin” folder. Not when you try going through Applications>Support>, or Applications>Support>Assets, there isn’t a Plugin folder anywhere there. (There is a “plugin.icns” 45kb.) I also tried Library>Preferences>Adobe>Plugins, but it’s only Adobe filter gallery. That explains the finder saying “The file can’t be found.” Did the Nik upgrade throw away my Photoshop Elements Plugin folder?

I haven’t received any resolution on this after 17 days. I have a support person working on it, but there have been no directives at all. She doesn’t understand the problem, even after running a DxO diagnostic terminal report and me having repeated over and over what has happened.

2022-05-19 This problem has been solved by DxO’s Support & Assistance. I received a private link to download Nik Collection version 4.3.5.

2 Likes

Thanks! No such luck here. My support person must not be aware of that. Maybe I can start a new ticket and get another person.