“New version of Nik Collection” message

Twice in the past few days I’ve launched the Nik Collection and a message has come up telling me there is a new version, but I thought I already had the latest version. So just a few questions:

1. How do I check which version of Nik I have?
  2. Has there been a new version since June 2019?
  3. If not, why would I be getting these messages when launching the software?

Nik version numbers are confusing, see here: https://forum.dxo.com/t/nik-collection-update/10995

A few days ago, I also got the message that an update was available. Updated it with something called “Nik_Plugins_2.3.1_Hotfix”. Nevertheless, my Mac’s information dialog says that I now got version 5.0.2, internally, CFX shows version 5.0.2.27, still the updater has the version number as mentioned above.

This hotfix fixed an issue I had with the Niks NOT showing the image that was to be edited as posted by someone else (add link here if found)

I suppose that 2.3.1 is DxO’s internal version numbering while 5.x is counted from original versions (before google) - nevertheless, numbering is a mess (just my opinion)…

Thank you for this, platypus. I hadn’t done any photo work since Christmas, til yesterday, so I’d missed the discussions on here about this.

Jul