New user of Phiotolab 3 with questions

I have just downloaded PL 3 to be used as my main entry for photo processing. I have a question and an issue.

First the question: my pc does not have a large SSD, but it does have a secondary large drive. I would like to put the PL 3 cache(s) on the large secondary drive to save space on the main SSD and am not sure if it can be done and if it can, how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Now the issue: PL 3 is not recognizing the raw files from my Olympus SP-500-UZ camera even though the optics module has been downloaded. This camera is old, purchased around 2006, and maybe that’s why PL 3 can’t recognize the files. Are there other optics modules that will work?

Thanks,

Jim Lawrence

Dear Jim,
welcome in the DXO Forum.
For your first question please go to Menu Edit - Preferences or Ctrl- shift- P on Windows machine.
You ccan Move the folder für Databas and/or Cache to any other disc …see scrennshots of my machin

Your Camera is in the DXO Modules Installer and maybe you can try to install manual with DXO installer
DXO Modules

Good luck and enjoy the forum

best regards

Guenter

1 Like

Hello @astronut80920,

@Guenterm has already helped you with the DB and cache storage, thank you @Guenterm :+1:

As for the image support, could you, please provide me with at least one sample? You can upload it on upload.dxo.com with your forum name in “support ticket number” field and let me know when ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Svetlana,

Thanks for your reply. I uploaded two .orf files. I also included the xmp files just in case you needed them.

Jim Lawrence

Hello @astronut80920,

Yep, for your camera RAW format is not supported:

As you can see there is a “-” for the RAW format support.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Dear @sgospodarenko,

did you know why the information that RAw isn’t supported doesnt appear if somebody is looking from within the program.

There would be enough space for the same column if RAW is supported or not :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

best regards
Guenter

Hello @Guenterm,

Yep, it was not designed like that as it’s a Module s download window. But you are free to create a request to improve the behavior :slight_smile:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

So if this is the case, why under “Installed DxO Optics Modules” in my installation is there a module called “Olympus SP-500 UZ +Olympus SP-500 UZ bridge”? I don’t understand.

Jim Lawrence

• It’s a module for JPG images.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Ok, thanks.

Jim Lawrence

1 Like