New to DxO PL5. Crashes on export

They can be slow and I would think they have a big backlog from holiday and all the problems PL5 has created.

1 Like

I did a memory diagnostic and Furmark test. Both went through. For CPU I did a short test. It was also OK. I will run a longer one later as all of those take a long time.

Hey, registered to add my 2 cents to this - I believe I’m having the same issue having upgraded to 5.1.2.

I’ve not had any issues exporting with previous versions but now the program hangs and I’m forced to close it via Task Manager and re-start it.

Would be interested to see if they’re any closer to acknowledging / addressing the issue. Like others I’ve not kept previous application installs so am somewhat stuck.

1 Like

Interesting.
Well, yesterday I’ve also done a 4-hour CPU test with Prime95. No errors. I don’t know if it’s the same issue but it’s similar. Although I would rather have only frozen application than reset of the computer. And I’ve opened a ticket 6 days ago and no answer.

1 Like

Thanks for coming back on that, I also don’t think it’s my CPU - in fact any hardware fault seems unlikely as the only application to show any issues in recent months at all. Everything else works without issue (be it games, other media software etc.)

I am ‘glad’ it only freezes the application, not the whole computer. But still not ideal that freezing occurs at all.

Hopefully (they’ll) come back soon - we’re several days into the new year / working week now!

1 Like

I really hope that they’ll look at the problem. U really like the program. I already bought it and View point also. And I practically can’t use it.

Hi,
If it is freezing during export you are talking about, there are several threads on the same topic. Seems frequent for Win users since 5.1.1., no matter the configuration.
@sgospodarenko : happy new year ! would it be possible to have an update of this bug please ? If it requires too much time, could it be possible to share PL 5.0.0. again ? I wouldn’t trust a non official version.

2 Likes

@sgospodarenko Yes, that would be really helpful!

Crash on export.

Screenshots:

Report to be uploaded.

Regards

Volker

I have been having export problems since PL5 was installed. The export attempts time out with an “unknown processing error” comment. I have 2 identical Acer Predator PH315-52 laptops with Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz, 16 gb ram. One works flawlessly, the other has this export problem.

Tech support has been very responsive and dogged in their attempts to figure our WTF is going on. They have taken over my laptop twice to try and find a cure. The initial focus was on my network adapters and my BitDefender.

I updated the disabled the network adapters, updated them - no change.

Followed BD’s systematic module isolation process to try and find a problem - no change.

With WIFI off I uninstalled BD, ran PL5 - no change.

Re-booted the laptop, re-installed BD, uninstalled PL5, re-installed PL5 with the latest “bug killing” version. - partial success. After 2 export failures, I would be able to export without issues.

BUT - after a number of hours not using PL5, (and no reboots) the problem would begin again. After failures, PL5 would start exporting again.

Tech support has given up and I am resigned to dealing with it. It is not ideal but so far, it has been pretty consistent. One or two failures to export and then business as usual. (I just work PL5 up after a couple of idle days and one failure - success.)

Interesting. They’ve contacted me yesterday. The first thing I must do is create a new user in Windows and try from there. I will try later today when I get home from work. About the older version (5.0.0) they only said that it’s not available on the internet. Too bad. We could quickly see if there is a problem with the software …

Yesterday I’ve changed the setting in Preferences/Performance/DeepPrime acceleration from Auto selection to CPU only. And I’ve successfully exported around 20 photos. True it was a lot slower. So it could be a driver problem or something with DeepPrime.

well, try the studio driver … :slight_smile:

Yes, it sounds like a problem/clash with your GPU: which brand-model do you have ?

John M

Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti 11G

Sounds like an NVidia variant - I don’t know it, but someone else may.

As Wolfgang suggests; have you tried updating its driver ?

John M

I have the latest “game” driver. Can’t decide to install the “studio” driver as I have games on the computer.

Well, there is no harm to try the studio driver version. Suppose you have the recent game driver stored anyway (otherwise you get it again from NVidia).
Try if it helps with the DxO software and if not, reinstall the game driver. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like there is a problem with display drivers. With the support, we narrowed the problem (as I tried to describe through this post thread). Here is their latest mail message:

Thank you for providing us with the additional information about what happened. It does appear that there may be a conflict happening with the video driver that is causing the problem. With the changes Microsoft has been making to their operating systems, video card manufacturers have been making changes to their drivers in order to try and keep up with Microsoft. This has caused some compatibility issues that we are currently investigating. Unfortunately, Microsoft and the video card manufacturers do not share information about what changes they are making with third-party vendors. We will continue our efforts to isolate the cause of the problem and work as quickly as possible to resolve it for release in a future version of the program.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this.

So, let’s hope, that they’ll soon find the solution. :pray:

2 Likes

Later in the year, I know, but I just upgraded to Build 4737 of PL V5.2.1 and when I do an export with Deep Prime switched on it crashes Windows and sets the PC fans screaming. I even had to turn off TPM in the BIOS to get it reboot at all. Tried turning off graphics card utilisation in the Perfomance menu and it now works but slowly. Deep Prime export plus graphics card support always crashes my Windows Pro 10.

1 Like