New selective Tool

I’m using the trial version of Nik collection 3. I set preferences to launch the new tool automatically when I open Photoshop.

Why does the old selective tool appear?

Under the menu I have Selective tool and selective tool 2.

Why can’t I stop the old tool from launching?

1 Like

I am having the same issue, it keeps defaulting to the older select menu from Google (logo top left).

Very annoying to say the least, installed and deinstalled a few times, same results.

Anyone have a idea?

(Using Photoshop CS6 on this system, 10.11.6)

Same here. Only I have purchased the new version. Now I have two selective tools pop-ups. How to uninstall cleanly the precious version of Nik Collection? (Windows 10, Adobe Photoshop CC 2020)

Same problem here. I used the downloaded installer’s Uninstall option to uninstall all versions of my Nik collections in Photoshop 2019 and 2020 and also in Lightroom. Once they were uninstalled, I installed the new versions of Nik in all these applications. Nevertheless, I get two versions of the Selective Tool and only the old one opens even when I try the File>Automate>Selective Tool. Also in the plug-ins folder in Photoshop, both versions, the Nik collections are housed in a Google folder, not a DXO folder. That folder contains all of the collections except Perspective efex. Don’t know where that one was installed. I can access it and all the others in my Filter menu and they work just fine but I can’t get the Selective Tool to appear.