New "H/I" Tool

This is a “creative” tool that lets me set e.g. leaning verticals and the horizon with three lines in two configurations

1. config with two vertical and one horizontal lines
  2. config with two horizontal and one vertical

The tool will then rotate and skew according to how lines are set by the user. Give the lines a tag or color to distinguish h and v lines

Interesting proposal … In the meantime: This can be achieved using the Perspective tool;

• config with two vertical and one horizontal lines
    – Put both horizontal guidelines (of the Perspective tool) on the same reference-line

• config with two horizontal and one vertical
    – Put both vertical guidelines (of the Perspective tool) on the same reference-line

I agree, tho, that your suggestion would be a lot less “clumsy” to use.

1 Like

John.M, I have tried your approach. I find it difficult to bring parallel lines together, specially if you need to rotate them a little bit.

1. When the lines are not absolutely parallel, the difference will be amplified and distort the image in a most creative way :wink:
  2. When the lines are too close together, PL refuses to process

Ah, yes … I had not thought of that complication.

Back to your original proposal then !

I use it as John and it works pretty well.
But why not an evolution of this tool.

… and still no vote.

Pascal

Horizon and perspective would be a welcome improvement. When I click auto in Perspective tool, it often seems to do exactly this (rotating and aligning vertical lines). Does the 8 points tool in DxO ViewPoint perhaps work in this case for the manual instance?