New camera/lens support in previous Photolab major releases

I don’t recall if you are on WIndows or not. If you are then you can open, view and delete optics modules that have been downloaded based on the images below. Note that it indicates I can’t delete the optics modules for the Z fc. That is because I am actively looking at an image using that module. Just look at another image not using that module and it will then allow you to delete it, although you may need to restart PhotoLab if the module you want to delete has already been used in that session. When you go back to an image using that combination it should ask you again if you want to download it. Note that there is a second module for jpegs in my example. You may or may not have a separate module for jpegs. I don’t have one for any of my Canon cameras…

Mark

As you can see in the above screenshot, the 60-600 Sigma Sport does not show a module with a TC-1401, whereas other Sigma lenses show both the base and base plus TC as two separate modules. Searching the module data base with a D850 shows no option for this combination of lens plus TC. Suggestions?

That is the issue. Lens sharpness is only available for lenses for which there is a optics module. There would have to be a specific lens/TC combination optics module for the Lens Sharpness tool to be available. I was assuming that such a module was available but was just not working correctly. I must have misunderstood one of your earlier posts. However, even though the module is not available you can still manually adjust sharpening using the Unsharp mask. The microcontrast slider can also be useful in creating the impression of greater sharpness.

Mark

Marie,

As both the Sigma 60-600 Sport and the Sigma 150-600 Sport lenses are supported with a Nikon D850 (and hopefully soon with a Nikon Z9), and the 150-600 Sport is supported with a Sigma TC-1401, how soon will DxO support the 60-600 plus TC-1401? I assume that this was an oversight from DxO. The “unsharp mask” suggestion is a method available in many workflow applications; my experience is that the lens sharpening sliders for supported lenses from DxO produces significantly better results.

I agree. My comment was intended as a workaround until such time an optics module, including the TC, is available.

Matk

Hello,

I agree, lens sharpness is available only if you have an optic module.
I assumed you had one @mwsilvers as you spoke specifically about lens sharpness and not about distorsion or vignetting (for which you have auto mode if you have a lens module).
When we got the 60-600mm we didn’t have it long enough th do support of the extenders. we have to ask for a second loan for tha.

Regards,
Marie