New Beta-test Program for DxO PhotoLab!

!! UPDATE April 30th, 2020 !!

Beta Test applications are momentarly put on hold.
We’ll keep you informed when we’ll accept new applications.
Thank you for your comprehension and stay tuned :slight_smile:

(Original Post)

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

We’re launching our brand new beta-test program as of today.
Here are all the information you need!
Enjoy and spread the words to people who may be interested in participating.
We count on you :wink:

===

What is the beta-test program?
Beta-test program allows the participants to thoroughly test unreleased future versions of our software, while discussing directly with the product owner and the development team.

Who can join?
Everyone who wishes to actively use our software, whether as a main or secondary solution to edit their RAW.

What do we want from you?
We’d like to remind you that being part of beta-testing, and directly in contact with the people who craft this software is a privilege.
So we expect you to follow 4 simple rules :

• Actively participate in building the future of our flagship software: As we continuously deliver beta versions during the year, we’re asking you to give us feedback on a regular basis. We can understand that some timeframes can be busier than others, but as long as we hear from you regularly, that’s all that matters.
  • Stay polite and respectful towards the DxO staff and, of course, other forums members: This is a must. No one is here to troll, feed the trolls, or act as a punchingball for others. Suggesting things and give feedback shouldn’t be an opportunity for some to show off superiority or anything. We’re all at the same level and work towards the same goal : improving our product so it will fit your needs better and better.
  • Be patient: We do our best to always read, think on and take into account your suggestions and ideas. That’s why we ask you to be patient and understanding, even if we take a long time to answer to your posts, or to have requested features implemented in the software. Some will be implemented fast, some will take longer, or won’t at all, as we have to follow specific strategies.
  • Confidentiality: to be part of this program, you’ll have to sign a NDA anyways, so we expect you to strictly respect this agreement.

I’m already a DxO PhotoLab Beta-tester, do I have to do anything to be part of the new program?
If you are already beta-testing DxO PhotoLab, you’ll have to apply to this new program.
We want it to be an active and personal decision, and not some automatic status set for you.
Basically, if you apply, fill the prerequisites and are notified to be accepted, you’ll keep on getting access to the private part of the forum. Otherwise, your account rights will be reseted to standard after the 15th of november.

How to apply?
It’s simple!
Just send a direct message to my account, with the following informations:

• First Name and Last Name
  • email adress you wish to use to be notified
  • What country are you from?
  • What platform do you use (Mac or Windows)?
  • What is your hardware configuration?
  • Are you a professional photographer?
  • What is your main type of photography?
  • What photographic gear do you use?
  • Do you already have a personal licence of PhotoLab/OpticsPro? Which version?
  • What other solution(s) do you use on a regular basis in your workflow?

===

Note that we need to have this information to validated your profile, so please, take the time to send a complete one.

===

Once you’ve applied, you’ll be notified if you’re part of the program or not by the 15th of november at the latest. No need to send message to have an updated status in the meanwhile. Spamming isn’t always a good idea :smiley:

If you have any questions please let us know by replying to this topic.

We hope you’ll be part of this new adventure and wish you a great day.

Best regards,
The DxO Team.

6 Likes

Just to be sure I have done this correctly - I have submitted my request to continue with the program by replying to one of your e-mails. I have my doubts this will work though. If that is not the correct way can you please advise how to send a direct message to your account.

Regards

Peter_S

Peter, just click on his name “Captain PO” all the way at the top of this announcement and you can send him a message

2 Likes

Sigi

Many thanks

Peter

Direct message :white_check_mark:

Thank you DxO to open the beta program and allow “everybody” to get a chance. It is a great example and a nice motivation.
I wish us all a big and nice adventure :vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you. Much clearer.

Ok Done!:wink:

Oops, wrong location

Nope, the location is correct as we want to renew and widen the team and propose our regular users to take part in the Beta testing if they feel they want and is able to do that.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

First direct message I ever sent using this forum. Hope my application arrived safe and sound.

First Name and Last Name
email adress you wish to use to be notified
What country are you from?
What platform do you use (Mac or Windows)?
What is your hardware configuration?
Are you a professional photographer?
What is your main type of photography?
What photographic gear do you use?
Do you already have a personal licence of PhotoLab/OpticsPro? Which version?
What other solution(s) do you use on a regular basis in your workflow?

Removed by moderation

You should message @CaptainPO directly with the details rather than post it here.

Mark

1 Like

Hello Svetlana
I have applied to this new program of course. I did it from from the smartphone, and I am not confident that it has been correctly filed.
Is there a way to display it just to double-check?
Thanks
Best regards
Michel

Hello @WRKTX11,

Mark @mwsilvers is correct, please, send all this info to @CaptainPO via a private message.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Michel,

I can’t see the personal messages sent to other people, but I’ll ask CaptainPO to double check.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Removed by moderation

As I indicated to a previous poster, you should message @CaptainPO directly with the details rather than post them here.

Mark

2 Likes

Dear @mahendra.bhatia,

Please, send a personal message to @CaptainPO for that. Otherwise it can be missed because the requirement was to “apply via a personal (direct) message”.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau sur le forum (il y a … 30 minutes :crazy_face: ) mais j’utilise Dxo Photolab depuis un moment déjà.
Je souhaiterai participer au programme de Beta test mais je ne sais pas comment envoyer un message prive à M. CaptainPo.
J’ai bien cliqué sur son nom dans l’entête du message mais je ne vois pas comment envoyer un message privé… à moins que je n’ai pas encore le droit du fait de mon inscription récente.
J’ai fait un autre test en cliquant sur répondre puis sur " créer un nouveau message direct" et enfin “envoi message direct” mais ma réponse a été publié sur ce fil de discussion alors que je voulais envoyer le message uniquement à CaptainPo… Je ai donc supprimé mon message pour ne pas laisser mes informations personnelles publiques.

Voici donc une réponse partielle. Je fournirai les informations nominatives complémentaires lorsque je pourrais envoyer un message privé.
Removed by moderation

Merci de votre aide

En espérant pouvoir participer à ce programme :star_struck: et apporter ma modeste contribution à ce super logiciel :fr:
Neo

Tu vas au premier message de @CaptainPO et tu cliques sur son nom - là tu verras Message Direct (en bleu). Tu cliques sur ça et tu écris ton message.