Negative control points and minimizing and maximizing screen

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to apply negative control points in Viveza 2?
Color Efex has a button that applies a "negative control point with 0% opacity.
PL4 simply allows you to hold “alt” to place a negative control point.

Also, is there a way to minimize or maximize the Viveza screen? I can’t seem to find the usual icons in the top corner of the screen. I have a 27" 4k monitor.

Thanks very much.
Aaron

With Viveza, once you have completed the actual control points you want and made the adjustments, simply add another control point(s) to areas you don’t want affected and do no adjustments and they should cancel the effects out.

Hello Aaron. To expand Viveza 2 to full screen: Simply press the f-key on your keyboard.

2 Likes

Thanks very much Stephen and Mark! I hope that DXO standardize controls across the Nik Collection and PL some time in the future. Ie, “M” display control point area of effect and “alt” click for a negative control point.

2 Likes

@azkaz

Viveza is a old piece of software, but still good / efficient.
In case you still look for more information, please look for “youtube dan hughes viveza”

have fun, Wolfgang

Hi there! Thanks very much for that suggestion Wolfgang, I will check him out!

Regards
Aaron

Hi Aaron - - I see you’re a PhotoLab user … In which case, I’m curious; why would you still need Viveza when we now have Local Adjustments in PL ?

John M

Hi John, I personally can’t see a reason to use Viveza at this stage, PL4 seems to handle everything. it works at the raw stage without having to export as a TIFF and the controls are very intuitive.

Regards
Aaron

1 Like