Multiple non-sequential images for export

Suppose one has a folder opened in DxO PL5E with the images displayed in a horizontal sequence near the bottom of the window. After viewing each image in Customize, only a few – not sequentially one after the other, but “random” throughout the sequence – are desired for export. Doing export in “batch” (multiple images selected) versus singly (one,followed by the next, etc) is more efficient – less wall clock time to finish the export. However, I have not found a method to select individual non-sequential images for batch processing – only an entire sequence with all images in the sequence, not just, say third, fifth, tenth, sixteenth, etc. How is this done? MS Windows, not MacOS X.

Standard non-sequential selection modifier key for Explorer and all apps is Ctrl. Click on the first item, Then hold down the Ctrl key and click on any other item you want to add into the selection as many times as you want.

2 Likes

@Joanna is correct. Use the standard Windows functions. Holding down the Shift key allows you to select sequential images. Holding down the Ctrl key allows you to select non-sequential images.

Mark

Although this may be the MS Windows standard, it would be useful to state this in the PL and related DxO manuals, along with the equivalent for MacOS X.

There really isn’t any pressing reason for DxO to document this. As I indicated It is standard Windows behavior. They also don’t tell you that you can click on the X in the upper right hand corner to close PhotoLab or that you can use the maximize/minimize box. Both are also standard Windows behaviors.

Mark

4 Likes

As Mark says, this functionality, via either the Ctrl key on Windows or the Cmd key on Mac has been standard, to the best of my knowledge, for over 30 years.

Essentially, if you’ve been using a computer any time during that period, you should already be well aware of its ubiquitous presence.

3 Likes