More UI options

I would love to have more UI options to perform modifications.

In example, if I want to change the exposition, currently:

• I can left click somewhere on the exposition slide bar
  • I can double click on the exposition bar to reset the value
  • I can drag & drop the slider on the exposition slide bar
  • I can edit the value inside the exposition field

What I would like to be able to do is:

• To use the mouse scroll button upon the slide bar to increase / decrease the exposition
  • Having another kind of mouse click on the side bar for small increments (like a scroll button click on the right of the cursor would increase the exposition by a tenth until the click is released)
  • Inside the exposition field, being able to use arrow up & down to increase / decrease the exposition by a tenth
  • Inside the exposition field, being able to use the mouse scroll button to increase / decrease the exposition
  • Being able to set a personalized shortcut to increase / decrease the exposition by a tenth and another one by a third or a half

That can be extended to all slide bar values and field values inside Photolab.

Hi,

I may be not have understood your requests but it is possible to use the mouse scroll button upon the slide bar to increase / decrease the exposition or another parameter.
And also with the arrows up & down or left & right.

That is correct, but you need to select the adjustment bar and keep the mouse pointer there to use the scroll wheel or the directional keys, and the scroll wheel adjusts setting values by fives so it can’t be used to set a specific value,

Mark

Hopefully this has to be done, otherwise if we simply need to be over the bar to use the scroll wheel, it will end by having often unwanted correction simply by scrolling in palettes.
I’ve already had this method in other tool and it is particularly tedious.

So yes, the slide bar should be clearly selected before accepting any move from the scroll wheel.

I agree, but some people prefer that the bars automatically achieve focus when hovering the mouse pointer.

Mark .

I can see both arguments and personally I am more on the “click first” side and not on the “automatically”. This would be a perfect choice to make in “Preferences”

2 Likes

Well, I come from Bibble software (AfterShto Pro nowadays), which have a more “mouse over” (and shortcuts) oriented UI and I feel that it’s easier and faster to use the sliders & fields without having to first click on it to select them.

This request/suggestion would most definitely have to come with a Preferences setting !!

John M

1 Like

Unless there is a way to implement it that will make everyone happy,

Mark.