Monitor profile

Hi @BoxBrownie,

I have a BenQ SW270 with hardware calibration on a Mac.

DPL is defined with « Current profile of the display » which is the one I have calibrated.
With the 3 HW calibrations I have made, I can easily choose with the « ring buttons » which HW profile I want.
For instance, I have one with lower cd/m2 to better see how it could be when printed, and each time I choose a different calibration DPL is using it.

Set it to “native” and let the software (viewer and editing software) interpret the colorspace of the images. If it works correctly, sRGB and AdobeRGB pictures will look the same - well, almost in regards to certain colors (turquoise tones for example).
Just take care that every software uses the correct monitor profile. Windows is kind of tricky in this regard.

As stated, use the calibrated profile in Photolab, too.
For export, choose a proper sRGB profile, if you want to export it that way. PL will not do that, though there is such an option in the export menu…

Any progress with this as hardware calibrated monitors are a growing %

Hello @John7,

We added this task into our scope. However, I don’t know when we will start working on it because we concentrate on new features for PhotoLab 4 now.

Alex

Alex
Thanks

1 Like