Module for Olympus 100–400 mm F5.0–6.3 IS

Please can I ask for time-schedule for module for M.Zuiko Digital ED 100–400 mm F5.0–6.3 IS (on Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II)?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @miksik,

The M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS is in our roadmap for sure but I don’t have a date of support yet. We’ll try to do it before Christmas.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response! It could be great to have it before Christmas! :slight_smile: I know that it is new lens so your rapid working on it is a great and kind surprising for me.

This is the first zoom lens I’ve ever ordered/bought before DxO supports it! :smile: Like Ivan, I’ll be using it with the E-M1 II. Please, @Marie, it would be very helpful if DxO can support it early-on with the MC-14 and MC-20 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters! I will rarely use the lens without the MC-14. Many thanks!

Hi Greg, do Olympus support AF at f9 or f12.6?

I’ve never had a problem using autofocus down to minimum aperture (usually f/22) with micro four thirds gear. You’ll lose some sharpness due to diffraction at such small apertures, but not AF - as long as the AF system has enough light and a target that it can acquire. I haven’t seen anything to lead me to believe that this lens will have any AF failures with or without the teleconverters.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face: I am not familiar with micro 4/3, but I know that most full frame and APS-c cameras are limited to a maximum lens aperture of f5.6 or f8 regardless of the shooting aperture. If the lens is any slower than this aperture the manufacturer disables AF. Some photographers have been known to put tape over the contacts so the TC will not report the maximum aperture. I was just wondering if Olympus did the same thing.

I won’t be getting my copy until late in the year, so I hope DxO bumps up the priority to several weeks before Christmas. Otherwise for the Olympus 100-400mm f5-6.3 IS and my E-M1 MarkII, I might have to resort to Olympus Workspace. Ugh!

Could I extend the request to the MC-14 and the Panasonic 100-400? Although I understand that physically altering the lens to fit the adapter (which is a minor change btw) I am using this combo now. Much appreaciated!

Hello @miloman ,

welcome to DxO forum.

I’ll add modules of Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4-6.3 ASPH. with DMW-TC14 and DMW-TC20 to the roadmap.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Super! If there is anything I can help with, let me know please. I own the combo, and have a decent pc (HP Z840), and am willing to spent some time to help out.
By the way: I am using the Olympus MC-14, don’t know if it the same as the panasonic convertor.

Super. I bought the panasonic version also (so the TC14), to make your life eassier :wink: I don’t know where you are located, but I am willing to offer any help also.