Module for Canon's Magic Drainpipe: Classic EF 80-200mm f2.8

This is the lens which started the autofocus revolution single-handedly.

I desperately need a module for this old Canon EF 80-200mm f2.8 (a.k.a. the Magic Drainpipe). It’s still magic from f3.2 (f2.8 is a bit soft by modern standards) which is one of my primary lenses. I don’t expect DxO to test and create that module for me, but I’d really like to have a substitute based on either the EF 70-200mm f2.8 (v1, no IS) or EF 70-200mm f4 (v1, no IS which is even a bit closer to the 80-200mm f2.8 but would be missing data as there is no f2.8, f3.2 or f3.5).

I’d be happy to create the synthetic version myself by simply duplicating the profile of the Canon EF 70-200mm no IS with a new ID to download for the Canon EF 80-200mm f2.8. There’s no issue with focal lengths from 70-79mm as that data will just be ignored (the focal length won’t exist). Unfortunately I can’t do this myself (why, why, why) – as the .caf files are encrypted.

If necessary I could buy a copy for the DxO Labs and have you send it to me when you are done (can’t give up my existing main copy as I use it every week).

Here’s some quick examples of why the Magic Drainpipe remains a viable modern sports lens (and these are at f2.8, mainly I shoot at f3.2 which is about another 50% as sharp).