"Modified since last processing" image corruption

I’m becoming concerned that PL6 is unusable when working on 2 different computers. I’ve noticed more and more for images that I have looked at on two different computers end up with a weird corruption. The images become mostly black and white with “squares” of colour. All of the corrupted images have the tag “Modified since last processing”, though not all images with that tag are corrupted - probably about 25%. Almost all of these have not been modified at all, simply viewed on my laptop. I do almost all processing on my rig and occasionally view and even more occasionally tweak these on my laptop. Right now, I’m thinking of not bothering at all with two computers as I can’t take the risk.

The images are easily “fixed” by resetting all edits and re-applying them, but that is a massive pain in the ass particularly as some of them have had many edits applied and re-doing them because of a bug sucks.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and whether there is a workaround?

I’ve tried to attach a screenshot of an example of the corruption but not sure if that will work.

Thanks in advance for any help