Missing optics modules

Greetings!

I see in a previous post that there is a Covid-19 related issue in France right now, making it impossible to borrow lenses from Nikon to build new optics modules. I can see that this will have affected the 120-300mm that was announced last January, but I would have hoped that the 180-400mm TC that was announced in January 2018 would have already been done. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

I am right now considering the Nikon 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR. However, since modules for this lens have not been made available already, I am afraid that it will never be done. Not being able to use my by far preferred editing software with an optimal workflow for such a lens does not feel like an option. I may have to stay away from a lens that appears to be the best option for much of my photography. Either that or find alternative software to use, but that will also be a tough call.

So: Will DxO be adding modules for the Nikon 180-400mm f/4E TC?
I am sure that others will also be interested in the 120-300mm?

I have to add that the reason for me asking this is that I am a bit uneasy with DxO not responding to my requests for making modules for the Nikon 800mm f/5.6E (+ TC800-1.25E). It was introduced in early 2013, so there has been plenty of time. I know it is not a very common lens, but I think DxO should also cater for these exotics. For a fixed focal length I have somehow been able to get by, but with a zoom with a built-in TC I cannot see that I will be happy without an optics module.

Does DxO not intend to cater for the more expensive lenses from Nikon? I really hope that this is not the case.

I am hopeful for a positive answer.

Best regards, and stay safe!
-Peder

Good morning @ReodorFelgen,

Let me ask @Marie to reply about the lenses.

Regards,
Svetlana G.