Menu item Refresh in Photo library not working

I have some external applications where I edit files with after converting RAW with DXO.

The examples are Topaz Denoise AI (even better de-noise ) and Luminar 4 (for portraits or layer oriented tasks).

I use Export to application (mainly with 16bit TIFF LZW compressed) and edit this in the application.
I can the export/save the result in another TIFF.

In PL3 library in the folder there is for (windows) right click an ‘Refresh’ menu but it does not work!

The files appear if I exit PL3 and enter it again but not if I use Refresh!
p.s.: forgot to mention that I use latest 3.1 version on Windows 1909!

I’ve sometimes had this problem with the filmstrip in Customize, too. New files aren’t showing up until PhotoLab is restarted. I’m also using Topaz AI applications, but not as plugins (standalone apps), to load TIFF 16-bit created by PhotoLab and save edits to a new file - 16-bit LZW TIFF. Side note: Topaz apps sometimes crash trying to save TIFFs. I have two bug reports open for that - fix is being created. When a truncated, unreadable TIFF is created by crashing Topaz, it can’t be seen by PhotoLab, let alone loaded. (Good behavior by PhotoLab and other apps.) But a properly created TIFF should be visible, is sometimes visible right away, and is always visible once PhotoLab restarts.

Hello guys,

And what happens if you do not exit PL but just re-select this folder? Is it updated?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

When I experienced this a few days ago, reselecting the folder didn’t solve the problem.

Yes, re-selection does not work, you need to exit PL and enter again and only then the files are there!

Okay guys. In this case we need your logs for the investigation. But to make the investigation effective, could you, please, remove old logs and try to reproduce the issue. Then provide the logs either here or via upload.dxo.com

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Ok, how to delete old logs and generate new ones?

There=
Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 3 logs

1 Like

Hello,

To delete:

And the new one will be generated in the process of reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I cleaned logs and created new ones.
What I realized is that the log showed errors but the files were there!
2019-12-28 00:59:08.366 | DxO.PhotoLab - 2676 - 33 | Processing - Error | Unable to create output item for ‘D:\Original_Bilder\2019\12\25.\jpg\20191225-114344-DSC_2715D-1.jpg’
2019-12-28 00:59:08.366 | DxO.PhotoLab - 2676 - 33 | Processing - Error | Unable to create output item for ‘D:\Original_Bilder\2019\12\25.\jpg\20191225-114344-DSC_2715D-1.jpg’
2019-12-28 00:59:08.366 | DxO.PhotoLab - 2676 - 33 | Exception.Processing - Error | System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopFolderHandler.SetDisplayName(EFDOPFolder entity, String folderPath)
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopFolderHandler.SaveFolder(String folderPath, Int64 parentFolderId)
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopFolderHandler.Create(String folderPath, Int64 parentFolderId)
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopFolderHandler.CreateFullPath(String folderPath, EFDOPVolume root)
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopOutputItemHandler.CreateOutputSource(String outputPath)
bei DxO.OpticsPro.DataModels.Handlers.DopOutputItemHandler.CreateOutputForInput(IDopProcessingItem processingItem, IFileOutputSettings outputSettings, String filePath)

If I remove the subdir and post export in same path I get also errors but can look up picture with ‘show exported in windows…’

2019-12-28 01:09:13.237 | DxO.PhotoLab - 2676 - 141 | DxOFramework - Error | LoadPreviewError: In Block DxO::LoadPreviewImage [ path=D:\Original_Bilder\2019\12\25\20191225-114344-DSC_2715D.jpg ]

Cannot load image preview
2019-12-28 01:09:13.237 | DxO.PhotoLab - 2676 - 141 | DxOFramework - Error | LoadPreviewError: In Block DxO::LoadPreviewImage [ path=D:\Original_Bilder\2019\12\25\20191225-114344-DSC_2715D.jpg ]
Cannot load image preview

Actually I could use subdir just by entering just ‘/subdir/’ in folder and open file in explorer with ’ show exported …’!

Hello @fscherz,

Please, attach the whole log here to send to the developers for the full analysis and this image 20191225-114344-DSC_2715D-1.jpg’ as well.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I found the problem: In the past I used

./jpg/

as directory to process pictures into jpg subfolder. This does not work anymore (at least not for windows) and I changed it now to

/jpg/

removing the dot at beginning (which should say: place it in current directory) and this works again!

1 Like

On Windows, the path separator is antislash.
You must use it in " \JPEG" “.\JPEG” and “(two dots)\JPEG”
Pascal

[Edit] It is not easy to write this post with this editor :frowning: