Mavic 3 Lense Correction REQUEST

Would be nice if you could add the DJI Mavic 3 that comes with the L2D-20C Camera System to PhotoLab.

Thanks

Steffen

Don’t forget to vote for your own request, Steffen! And add the request here:

DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses

Hello,

I’ve added Mavic 3 in the roadmap. I don’t think we will have time to support it in next update but in the one right after for sure.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Love to hear that!!!

My Mavic 3 is with me monday… if there is any beta test … feel free to invite me !

It doesn’t seem like PL4/5 can even open the DNG files from Mavic 3 at this point - anyone with success?

I can only edit the jpgs at this time. We have to wait until the update the software.

Hello,

Mavic 3 will be supported during first quarter of 2022.
We just got a sample and are starting its calibration.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Nice ! Will this support both cameras ?

Hopefully this month?

Hello,

yes, support of Mavic 3 is planned this month.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Dear Marie. I love you.

is that march or April you’re referring to? add me to the list of people anxiously awaiting it’s release so I can use it with my mavic 3

I just noticed that the magic 3 is now only being supported by purchasing DXO PureRaw 2 and that it won’t be coming to PureRaw 1.0. This is super frustrating and disappointing to feel like you’re getting constantly squeezed for more money just to get lens module updates.

very disappointed

While I know how frustrating it is, keep in mind that almost all of the publishers of raw software do not provide new camera support for their older software versions once a new version has been released.

Additionally, while it may seem that DxO purposely waited so they could just install it in the new version, that is not the case. In the month or two before a new version of any of their software is rolled out, they tend to not update the previous version which would require extra testing and an extra production rollout while they’re very busy preparing for the implementation of the next version. The same is true of PhotoLab.

For the mavic 3 to be included in the first version of Pureraw they would have had to have finished the calibration for the profile a month or two ago. It’s more of an unfortunate case of timing.

Mark

Hello Marie, are we still looking at March for this release? Thanks

Hello @Barkmann ,

no now we are looking for beginning of April.
Cameras calibration are ready, it’s another problem that delayed the release.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

I expect support for RAW files from Mavic 3 for more than 4 months. At first I was understanding, but I’m more and more annoyed by this delay.
A year ago, I was of the opinion that the launch of PureRAW would take up valuable DXO resources. Many colleagues disagreed with me then. Today it is crystal clear that I was right.
I’m not happy…

[sound of dummy hitting the floor]

:slight_smile:

As @Marie indicated above, the release of PhotoLab 5.2 was moved to April as a result of some issues which needed to be addressed. The Camera/lens database now indicates April for the release of the Mavic 3. (see below)

I understand your are frustrated by the additional delay, but it has absolutely nothing to do with PureRAW. It not for another issue delaying it, PL 5.2, it would have been released within a similar timeframe as PureRAW 2.

Mark