Make the brackets work for changing brush size - PhotoLab

I’m surprised this isn’t already part of PhotoLab. Can you please progam the bracket keys, [ and ], to work for changing the brush size the way they work in pretty much every photo editing app? Thanks.

Cmd or Ctrl scroll are assigned to those functions

3 Likes

Those keys are not easily accessible with all localized keyboard layouts.

Editable keyboard shortcuts could help, but that’s a different story.

1 Like

But not in the repair tool.

2 Likes

But yes in the repair tool. Hold down the Cmd or Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-19 à 10.55.29

No. Look here under “PC version”: Advanced image processing – PhotoLab Guidelines

Oh. That is awful. Yet another Win/Mac difference - and for one of the worst “shortcuts” I have ever encountered.

Do you think Windows users would be happier with the simpler Mac version? It unifies the repair tool with other brush based tool and is a lot easier to remember/use.

I just checked the Mac help popup on that “help” page you linked to and it is no longer accurate - compare it to the screenshot I took.

Agreed, in photo editors the bracket keys are the de-facto standard.

In terms of this tool for sure. I think the overall operation should be consistent. You shouldn’t have to constantly memorize new keyboard shortcuts for similar operations. Mouse operation is much more cumbersome in this case.

2 Likes

suppose because they are easily to reach on us-layout style keyboard

• and otherwise awkward and very uncomfortable to handle
    e.g. < Alt Gr + [ ] >
1 Like

Yes, English (American) is the de-facto standard. User definable keys, as available in C1, usually fixes these issues.

5 Likes

I think the real answer is to allow user customisable keyboard keys.

5 Likes