Mac OS can't install DxO PureRaw

Hello, I am having a similar issue to others having installation errors on Mac OS. I am on Mac Monterey and attempting to install a trial DxO PureRaw 2.

I get a error after clicking the Try button. The installation doesn’t give any progress bar indications and for a few minutes doesn’t give any clue as to errors or other installation issues. Then, finally, an error window opens and says “The connection to our server failed” and “Please check your internet connection or try again later”. I am on a hardwire connection (and have also tried the installation when connecting to wireless). I’ve attached a screen shot of the error message.

Other things I’ve tried: I used the installation dng to uninstall, and restarted the Mac. That did not help.

Hi @ann.terrell1 and welcome to the forum

Have you tried PureRAW 2 before? Trial registration is checked by DxO and of late, trialing more than once has been disabled.

@sgospodarenko, please move the thread to the PureRAW forum, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t recall whether I have trialed previously. It’s possible. If that is the case, though, I would hope the notification alert would inform me or give me an option to request a 2nd trial. I’ll just assume I won’t be able to test it.

You could try the trial on a different computer, one that has no DxO apps installed yet. Entering a license key seems to add a “DxO ID” which is then used to check if the trial can be authorized…