Loyal customers

And by the way, I forgot to say that I stayed with DXO because I like their technical skills and I wanted to support them during the crisis period in 2018.

Yes, it was really a pleasure to re-edit a couple of pictures over the last weeks and to see, what’s possible.

I did a calculation, and DxO works out cheaper (remember to only look at upgrade cost, e.g. I paid 70$ for this years upgrade, this is less than 6$/month, Adobe subscription is certainly more expensive). Also if one does not want to upgrade then software continues to work!

In any case, upgrade cost is very fair and I really like the technical skills and innovations.

Aubrey.

2 Likes

Since December 2018 I have paid in total:
12/2018: 210 (DXO PhotoLab Elite + ViewPoint)
11/2019: 45 (Update to PL Elite)
11/2020: 70 (-----"---------)
So in total 325 €. To be fair we should divide this by 36 months (until November 2021) which makes roughly 9€ per month which is pretty close to Adobe CC subscription fee and with Adobe I would have had PhotoShop as well to work with Layers etc.
But I wouldn’t have supported a French company that is very advanced as you have well pointed out. I do think though that you were 100% right to begin with which is that LOYALTY DOESN’T PAY but this is not specific to DXO. It’s the same in the Mobile operator and Internet supplier domains where I get better deals every year by changing Internet provider and mobile operator… But for the moment I’m staying with DXO at least until next November so that my division by 36 will be valid.

Ah, but by November 2022, you will only need to add 70 and divide by 48… the following year… +70 and divide by 60.
Now did you buy LR or photoshop and then had to convert to subscription model? If so, then you should discount the initial DxO outlay to have a fair comparison!

Also note that the DxO initial cost is in the past.
If you did decide to return to another subscription service you should only look at costs going forward…, DxO will win hands down!!

Anyway it’s a bit academic: PL4 is much better than LR.

1 Like

Does LR/PS have a View Point equivalent? If not then you would have had to buy Nik collection!
Probably ViewPoint cost should be taken out of the calculation !!! :smiley:

Lightroom has a built in perspective tool called Transform.

Mark

Hello,
For my part I use (I used …) Lightroom version 5 (Purchase but no subscription).
I read a test of Photolab 4 in a “photo” magazine. I tested it a few days ago and I was won over by the “DeepPRIME”. So I took advantage of the “Black Friday” offer to get the “Elite” version at 119.99 €.
I am very satisfied with it!
Good night.
(France)

I agree 100% with Todd!

1 Like