Local Adjustments User Interface: a mini survey is waiting for you ;-)

I realize we will probably not see a movement to palette based sliders until PL5, but perhaps the current LA palette can be enhanced bit by bit so we can get some of the benefits sooner. We already have the Opacity slider in it.

Mark

Hi Mark,
As usual I can’t comment about future updates and/or upcoming features, but Local Adjustments should offer a better experience… :wink:

I know you can’t. I was just offering it as a suggestion.

Mark

1 Like

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

Great! Thank you!

Q1:
4 - When I only know what to do in a couple of changes. I love the u-point power.
2 - when I try to explore and fine tune :confused:
It’s finicky. Icons/pictograms are not clear enough. As they are placed in EQ style they have to be too compressed.
Poor precision.

Q2
A palette is not need per se.
But rotated 90 degrees into a palette orientation with text labels and not icons. That would allow the sliders to be wider and thicker with better precision.

1 Like

I have responded to the survey.

1 Like

Responded to the survey.

1 Like

Just responded

1 Like

Done. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Of course it helps! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

Q1 : 3 Average
I like having equalizer directly at the point but sometimes difficult to find cursors and to see image below, and position of equalizer could be moveable.
Q2 : Yes
The better being able to have both with the possibility to remove equalizer in Preferences.

1 Like

Would be pleased to reply, but will not be obtaining a Google account for this or anything else.

However my answers would be:

Q1
4 - Good
It would be easier to user of it was bigger, enabling greater accuracy.

Q2
Maybe
I’d prefer the controls that way for greater precision, but would like to keep it as a pop-up, rather than having to hunt for it in an already-crowded sidebar.

2 Likes

I have replied inline.

1 Like

I have also responded, with these mini sliders without numbers I have no control. I think that adjusting the area of manipulation like centerpoint, radius or selection belongs to the canvas, while the sliders belong into a panel.

2 Likes

Hi @Asser,
Thanks for your feedback :wink: !!

I started to fill out the survey but stopped when it required a Google sign-in.

Google is a privacy disaster and I never login to it unless I have to. There are lots and lots of easy to use free survey products that provide the same service without the privacy threat. I’m happy to complete a survey on this subject if you use a service that doesn’t collect huge gobs my private information and then exploits it as it sees fit.

1 Like

Hi Mike,
How could one even start to fill out the survey without a Google sign-in?
Did you hack our system? :smiley:

Steven.

Currently using Photolab 2. I would pay for the upgrade if the local adjustments controls were moved to the right panel.

Local Adjustments in PL3 can be accessed by the margin button or in the right panel.