Local adjustments - The Hue/Saturation/Luminance (HSL) palette (with masking)

Please add the The Hue/Saturation/Luminance (HSL) palette as a feature of the local adjustments merged with the equalizer panel.
This will allow masking to select applicable areas for color adjustments.

Hello @pierre5018,

Please, do not forget to vote for the suggestions by yourself (top left corner) :point_up_2:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

This is already covered in:

Iā€™ve been using HSL/yellow to reduce luminance of night sky light pollution - much the same as a physical ā€˜light pollutionā€™ filter - but Iā€™d love to be able to limit it to only the area above the horizon and not affect star/planet colors. This is one of the things I need PS layers and a graduated mask to accomplish, but if PL could do the sameā€¦
I realize that this is a big ask, but please at least consider it for PL3.

Yes, itā€™s definitely a much needed feature. Very often it makes sense to apply color corrections locally and not to the whole image.

4 Likes

Indeed. Its number one on my list of improvements iā€™d like to see.

Hello,

we have the great local adjustment tools and we also have the great HSL tool with picker.

Why not combine these two to select a colour with the picker and do all the stuff.
And then combine it with an moveable property like asked here Local adjustments settings moveable - DxO PhotoLab / Which feature do you need? - DxO Forums

best regards

Guenter

Thank you. Merged!

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Does someone know if/when the voting will be done anytime soon? I think this feature was request back in '19, and would like to know if the feature will be implemented. Thanks.

Since there was no answer since then: Svetlana @sgospodarenko, could you please provide new info and/or push this issue? The votes are clearly speakingā€¦

Good morning,

• No need. This one was accepted but it needs a bit of time.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

How much ā€œbit of timeā€?

@ sgospodarenko

In the naming of gregorian or dxo calendar

We want it ! We want it !