Local adjustment – Control point

Thanks for the example. Very helpful.

It seems much more complicated that the kind of local adjustment I usually do but I’ll sure test it.
It’s probably much quicker that what it seems.
Having the mask turn probably makes things a lot easier.

I’ll also have to get used to the vertical sliders without numbering :slight_smile:

Haha, Peter - - I reckon you’ll win the prize for most Control Points applied to one image :smiley:
(Excellent demonstration, by the way).

John

1 Like

I loÔove this kind of example. I see it from time to time by people who cannot imagine others tools.
Thanks Peter to made it :grin:
Pascal

[Edit]
Oh John you got me on the finish line :exploding_head:

1 Like

:joy:
Yes i got carried away with it.

i was reviewing some images in my archieve DAM, pse13! yes it’s less and less i need it but old habbits die hard i guess. :wink:
I tagg in there when i have time and improve things along the way.
anyway, a lot of people are thinking that local adjustments are for just local stuff and they focus on the classic controls like the sliders in tone or contrast or … chose your poison.

I just wanted to show the ease of controlpoint to press and mold a image to your liking if a quick HSL, contrast, selective tone doesn’t work and masking with the brush give you too much cleaningup to do or other troubles like tree branches and foilage cutting in your desired changepart.
if i wanted more careful and in detail i probably used more controlpointgroups to select more different colors to balance the colors more effectively.
the “m” is your friend in working a photo when using controlpoints and now the palette “local adjustments” also.
now you can set up groups and adjust them to your liking and use the list of control points and the opacity sliders to balance the effects. :heart_eyes:

This was just a show off in masking in high speed… LOL

1 Like