License and change HDD> SSD with reinstallation windows

141/5000

Hello,
How should one proceed at the level of the licenses when one changes of hard disk with reinstallation of windows (HDD> SDD)?
Greetings

You should have a email where those licence keys are send to you.
(And if you ment the pc identification for max numbers of pc’s i think you can release the license from the present installation to free your licence to install on the next pc/ windows install.)
search somewhere around licence tab.
Edit: hmm, i would expect a " Clear productkey registration" function somewhere in the help tab. (i have this in a other application)
In the “about DXO Photolab” window are shown the licence keys so a command button to clear those would be perfect in there. (this would sent a signal to DXO licence key database to “free” this instal and startup a un-install DXO - window to complete the customers request.

Because this isn’t the case maybe @sgospodarenko can help you out in this matter. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

In this case you can activate your app with the same key (btw, it’s stored here as well - c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses)

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Svetlana,

Please help me to understand the activation issue

You are stating that changing the system drive is not going to trigger a new activation. If I upgrade my PC to Windows 10, will that use another of the 3 activations? If I have a dual-boot setup, do I need 2 separate activations? In short, what changes will result in a new activation?

Thanks,

Joseph

Hello Joseph,

• Yes, if you upgrade your OS you will not loose the total number of your activations which is 3, you just need to reactivate the app with the same key as with the operation system upgrade the folder c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses can be lost.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,
I just upgraded my HDD to a SSD. I just cloned the existing HDD onto the new SSD. Doing this makes an exact copy of your current HDD so you don’t have to reinstall anything. Let me know if you need help with the cloning process.