Lens Support Tamron 17-70

Hello,

Tamron released a new lens which received very good review results; here are the lens details: https://www.tamron.eu/de/magazin/blog/detail/17-70mm-f28-di-iii-a-vc-rxd-modell-b070-1065/.

Could you please add support in the module database for Photolab 4?

Thanks and best regards

Greetings,
Do you own this lens or are you considering it?

Was this it?:
Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Sony E Mount (tamron-usa.com)

If you own it, its helpful to submit sample images taken with the lens to support. This helps @Marie with planning.

It doesn’t mean the lens will get added, but can speed up the process if it is being considered or is already on the roadmap.

This is one place you can make requests:

Suggest Module - DxO

I don’t onw it yet, but will buy it soon. Can i still use Photolab with it? My Camera is Sony A6500.

If it’s not yet supported then be advised: You may have to wait in order to use PL4. Creating these great DXO camera/lens modules takes time,

@raspitin,
In addition to what Mark said… yes. You can use PL4 to edit shots taken with your new 17-70, but no corrections will be automatically performed until (and if) an optical module is added. I’d say the probability of this lens being added is high.

I had a similar lens, Sigma 17~70 APS-C on a T6s. Was so fantastic. I’m not a Tamron fan, but I’m sure it will be a nice lens in RF.

See this KB article which might be helpful:

Correcting lenses without DxO Optics Module - DxO

2 Likes

Thanks Rick. Yes the body can be used without the automatic lens corrections and the lens can be corrected manually. No lens sharpness sliders or lateral CA removal though.

Hello,

we wil support the Tamron 17-70mm F2.8 Di-III but I don’t have a date to communicate yet.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

hi, i actualy own the Tamron 17-70mm F2.8 Di-III and this is a beast but i have a lot of CA and distorsion at 17mm wich is normal. So please, i know that it takes time to make new module but i really hope that you’ll deliver that as soon as posible.

Thanks for advance.

Hello @ludo69 ,

we plan to do the Tamron 17-70mm, modules should be released durin spring, at the latest in the summer.

Regards,
Marie

Hallo, I have this lens too. Do you plan add support for previous version Photolab 3.3 ?

I am not a staff member and can’t speak officially, but generally speaking once a new version of PhotoLab is released there are no further updates to the previous version, with the possible exception of bug fixes. It is highly unlikely that any new lens support will be added to PhotoLab 3.3.

Mark

Hello,

we usually support new modules for current version of PhotoLab and previous majour version which means, at the moment we support new modules for PhotoLab 4 and PhotoLab 3 (whatever the minor version).
Exception of that are compatibility of the camera (if it’s only compatible with PL4 then module will be only for PL4) or specific compatibility of the lens (when we have troubles with Exif/MakerNotes data and need to update PhotoLab to support the lens).
The Tamron 17-70mm shouldn’t present any Exif problems so modules will be available with PL4 and PL3.

We should get a sample of that lens soon so we plan to provide modules at the very beginning of June.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

That appears to be a change of policy but a desirable one.

Mark

Hello.

Is there any update on support for this lens? Still Scheduled for early June release?

When it happens, will it automatically download when used?

Br Jesper.

Greetings,
It won’t automatically download, but you will see a notification that a optic module that you don’t have downloaded exists for the image. A few clicks and you’ll have it.

Hello,

Support of Tamron 17-70mm is planned on June 2nd :slight_smile:

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you.