Lens sharpness greyed out on DxO Photolab 3

Hi!, I use Photolab 3 for some time now but I have a problem with a new lens I have the Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 version II on my G80 and only with this lens is the lens sharpness greyed out. I downloaded the module several times and it doesn’t show in the downloaded modules in Photolab 3 (3.3.4 build 65)

There are two versions of this lens Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 and Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 version II could that be the problem? I really need this module to work.
I hope someone can help me

Until you get feedback from DXO regarding your problem you can still apply sharpening via the unsharp mask.

Mark

Hello @Jeroen36,

is it only the lens shaprness or Vignetting and disorsion corrtion don’t work either ?
Can you provide me an image with this issue for analysis ?
You can try to attach it here or upload it via upload.dxo.com and send me a note when it’s ready (add your pseudo instead of ticket number).

Regards,
Marie

Some simple visual checks you can make: If the image browser (film strip) shows that the images taken with the lens do have an optics module applied, then I can’t imagine why Lens Sharpness would be unavailable, unless the adjustment is simply deactivated. You can’t click on the activation switch next to Lens Sharpness and start adjusting it?

If the image thumbnails in the image browser have an icon showing an optics module conflict, you’ll need to resolve the conflict first.

Are you editing RAW files or something else(JPEG,TIFF, DNG…)?

1 Like

[quote=“Jeroen36, post:1, topic:17934”]
Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 version II
[/quote]Until you get feedback from DXO regarding your problem you can still apply sharpening via the unsharp mask. `That’s true but I want the lens sharpness I use with all other lenses

is it only the lens shaprness or Vignetting and distortion correction don’t work either? Good question, Distortion is on manual

f the image browser (film strip) shows that the images taken with the lens do have an optics module applied, then I can’t imagine why Lens Sharpness would be unavailable, unless the adjustment is simply deactivated. You can’t click on the activation switch next to Lens Sharpness and start adjusting it?

There’s a green arrow on the thumbnail stating that I can download the module
I download the module but it doesn’t install
No I can’t click on the activation switch next to Lens Sharpness because it’s greyed out

I have the Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 version II and in the module that I have to download it says Lumix 14-140 3.5/5.6 Perhaps that’s the problem. I don’t know for sure but it’s the only thing I can think of.

It shouldn’t. The lumix 100-300mmi and ii are working fine. (also not as ii listed)
The 14-140mmii is optical identical if i am right they only added wr and newer AF/ois.
But i could be wrong.

Hello @Jeroen36 ,

if only lens sharpness is greyed out and it concerns JPG images it means images don’t have MakerNote anymore.
MakerNote is a subpart of Exif, it contains data from Maker (Panasonic, Olympus, …) including value of sharpen set by the camera. This information is mandatory for lens sharpness to work. If it is missing then we deactivate the correction and you can use USM instead.
MakerNote can be missing if your images have been through Adobe softwares which almost always remove it.

But if all correction aren’t working (check what happens with distorsion or vignetting when using auto correction and not manual) then there is an issue with the module or your images don’t fit it. I need images for analysis.

Regards,
Marie

I uploaded the raw file to support but I can’t upload the raw file to you, I’m sorry. Why can’t new members to the forum upload files? I would say if someone really needs to upload files it’s a new member!

I only use RAW files, nothing else. I will upload a raw file so you can check for yourselves in your applications. I get the screen that I can download the correction module but nothing downloads and nothing installs perhaps because I have the version II of this lens. Please let me know your findings

I get the message that new users on the forum can’t upload files! Please moderator so something about this strange rule!

Hi,

thanks for file, can you give me name you use and name of the file ? I don’t fild a folder “Jeroen” on our server.
For the upload issue on the forum I’ll ask around.

Regards,
Marie

Hello Marie, Sato from support has let me know that the problem has been solved and that I can download and install the modules for my G80 and GX80. I did and everything works now. Appartently there was a problem that some of the modules were missing on the DxO server.

Ok, thanks for update.
Enjoy working on your photos :slight_smile: