Lens Sharpness and vignetting for Sony A7 II

Hello,

I own a Sony A7 II with a Tamron 28-75, Samyang 18mm f2.8 and Samyang 35mm F1.8 and a Sony A5000 with 16-50kit and Sony 70-350.

I use the Zeis 18mm f2.8 and Sony 35mm F1.8 as a substitute lens profile. My problem is that changing lens sharpness or vignetting slider (auto dxo) has no effect on my Sony a7 II arw file, no matter which lens I use.
If I convert a .arw to .dng with adobe lightroom than i can use the lens sharpness and vignetting slider

With the sony a5000 on the other side everything works absolutely fine with the arw raw. Is there maybe some setting I can change? I use Photolab 4.
@DXO: do you plan to release a lens profile for the Samyang 18mm f2.8 FE and Samyang 35 f1.8 FE?

Edit: I attached a arw and dng file
_DSC8452.ARW (46,9 MB) _DSC8452.dng (25,3 MB)

Hello @darren,

we have actually some troubles with A7 II optics modules , correction for distorsion, vignetting and lens sharpness are not applied on Full Frame images.
We will release corrected modules on Wednesday to fix that.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

thank you for the fast answer and solution. Are you looking to release/develop lens profiles for the previously mentioned lenses (samyang 35 f1.8 and 18 f2.8) ?

Hello @darren ,

about the Samyang lenses we plan to catch up on them this year, they wo’t be the first to get modules but they are planned.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hello I have the same problem (lens correction + sharpness + vignette does not work) if I use the 70-350 together with the sony a7 II.

Is there a fix possible?
_DSC8474.ARW (47,1 MB)

Hello @darren,

this is not the same issue there.
Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS is a lens made for APS-C cameras, so we calibrated DxO Optics modules on an APS-C camera. They are compatible with Full frame cameras but when used in APS-C mode and your image has FF dimension.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

@Marie
Hi, do you already have an shedule for the samyang e mount lenses (Tiny series)?

Or can someone else from the dxo team give me any new information ?

Hello @william45 ,

can you tell me what lenses you’d like to be supported ?
Samyang lenses are on my roadmap but there are so many lenses to support (not only Samyang) it would help to set priorities.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Samyang 35mm f1.8, samyang 18mm F2.8

Thanks, I’ll add them in the short term roadmap.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

@william45 ,

good news, modules for Samyang 35mm f1.8 and Samyang 18mm F2.8 have been released today.
If you have PhotoLab 3 or 4 (or Pure RAW) you can have use them.

Best regards,
Marie

@Marie
Thank you very much for the lens profie, it is absoltely stunning.
I also got the Tamron 28-200 and when using with the A7 II the optics feature (lens sharpness and vignette) are not properly working for me, can you check this on the uploaded picture ?
Kind regards
_DSC8710.ARW (47,2 MB)

Sorry for the double Post, but could someone from the dxo team tell me if it is possible to check this issue ?

Kind regards
William

I can see the issue on my Mac too. Looking into the file’s exif, I see that some entries are different, which might throw off DPL. Here’s the example for Vignetting:

Note how the entry in Maker Notes (line 236) differs from the other entries: the first “16” does not show, the rest looks identical…

Moreover, the image looks vignetting corrected, even with the No Correction preset. The lens was recognised and I downloaded the module. While Vignetting can be switched on and adjusted manually, Lens Sharpness can not be switched on.

Do Sony cameras correct vignetting in RAW? Or is the lens really that good?

Hello,

I’ve opened a bug about it. I’ll keep you updated.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

@Marie
Hello, is there any update on this topic ?

hello @william45 ,

we got late on lens modules update but fix will be within 1 month.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Any chance of adding Samyang AF 45mm F1.8? For the A7R IIIA.