Lens Profiles for IRIX lenses needed or better CA removal tool

I’ve been shooting with the IRIX 11mm f/4 lens, which is a great cheap alternative to other ultra-wide angle lenses, but it’s absolutely impossible to remove the chromatic aberration in corners with PL3 without damaging edges of subjects in the center of the image by over-applying CA correction. In fact I can’t get rid of the green or purple CA whatever I try. Adobe Lightroom does have a lens profile for the 11mm f/4 and there I’m able to remove all CA easily, but I don’t want to have to use Lightroom at all.

Please, either provide us with a lens profile for the IRIX 11mm f/4, or even better, improve the chromatic aberration tool so we can clean up our images even if a lens profile is not available. Sometimes even when a lens profile is available, the CA can’t be cleaned up all the way. I see a bit of a problem in photos taken with the popular Nikon 85mm f/1.8G, something I can easily clean up in Lightroom. I’m sure there are many other lenses that could use improved CA clean-up.

Hello @DSS and welcome to the Forum,

Let me ask @Marie to reply about the support of IRIX 11mm f/4 lens.

As for this one:

• Could you, please, provide us with some test images for the investigaton? Please, upload them to upload.dxo.com under your forum name and let me know when ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana, I tried uploading two files, but every time I hit “Send” at the bottom, it opens my Desktop window instead of sending it to DxO. It’s also asking for a support ticket number, which I don’t have.

Hello Jana,

You should fill your forum name instead of “support ticket number”.

Please, try again.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I’ve tried a couple of times now, and still no success in submitting the ticket with the two files attached. The “send” button still opens up my desktop folder instead of submitting anything, and now the files won’t upload at all. They just stay at 0% when I hit the upload button.

Hmm, that’s strange. Then can you share them with any of the services like Dropbox or any other?

Thank you

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I’ve been unsuccessful in uploading the images, but my complaint stands… please provide a lens profile for the IRIX 11mm f/4 with the Nikon D750 and D500. It looks like many Canon bodies have an IRIX 11mm lens profile, but nothing for the Nikon D750 or D500. It’s just so frustrating. I’ve been asking for this for at least two or three years now. I know I’m not alone in the world in this.

Hello Jana I can only agree with you!
I have also been trying to get a profile for the Irix 11mm F4 for Nikon (D850, Z6) for 2 years. Unfortunately, no feedback from DXO so far.
I’m slightly frustrated …

1 Like

It’s almost 2021 and I’m still waiting either for this lens profile, or for the CA tool to be improved so that a lens profile isn’t absolutely necessary. :frowning_face: Pretty Please DxO!

THANK YOU!!! Finally, the IRIX 11mm f/4 lens profile for Nikon is available. I can get back to using this lens again and actually enjoy the results. I’ve been re-working some of my photos and they look so much better.

2 Likes

att. @sgospodarenko
Just a comment: On Mac, the CA correction tool sets the lower slider to a value lower than what I get if I switch the magic wand on. Why should the tool have an automatic correction and have it disabled by default?

I reheat this old thread because the setting is still not set to automatic in DPL5.

• Same on Win as well. Let me ask @Marie to explain it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hello,

sorry I missed that ticket.
@DSS or @platypus could you provide an image on which I can reproduce the issue so we can see if we can improve our modules ?

Regards,
Marie

@Marie, the setting is burnt into the presets that come in DPL5 (see two bottom lines)

DxO Standard Preset

ChromaticAberrationActive = true,
 ChromaticAberrationIntensity = 100,
 ChromaticAberrationIntensityAuto = true,
 ChromaticAberrationLateralActive = true,
 ChromaticAberrationPurpleActive = false,
 ChromaticAberrationSize = 4,
 ChromaticAberrationSizeAuto = false,

DxO Standard applied to image

DxO Standard with activated auto-size

While CA removal is fairly good in both examples, we can see that CA is set to Size = 4 without automatic adaption, as defined by “DxO Standard”. Switching Size to “automatic” changes the size value, but differences are not evident in the preview.

Uploaded two files. CA is most visible at the right edge in these images.