Lens profile update needed when using the Olympus MC-20 convertor

I saw mention of some early adopter of PL3 that the lens profiles have yet to be updated to account for usage of the new Olympus MC-20 teleconvertor.

It would be much appreciate if this could be remedied sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

TIA :smiley:

Hello @BoxBrownie,

We will get this convertor as soon as possible and add profiles for compatible lenses little by little.

regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hi Marie

Many thanks for the prompt & positive reply :slight_smile:

I surmise I am stating the obvious :wink: but this converter in common with its ‘smaller’ brother the MC-14 for which DxO have already provided the profile(s) is only compatible with two Olympus lenses…and no others at this time. (*see my PS below)

40-150mm f2.8 Pro
300mm f4 Pro

In other words unlike a third party manufactured converter which is designed to work with many lenses this has a very specific small usage group.

Therefore, hopefully with only 2 lenses needing profiling with it they can be done in the same, hopefully, very short timescale.

PS the long promised but overdue 150-400mm f4.5 Pro lens (to be released in 2020?) will apparently be compatible with both the converters! But I doubt I could ever afford such as this this lens?

Hi Marie,

I’d appreciate support for the Olympus MC20 / Olympus 300mm f4 combination too!

Thanks, Peter

This lens (teleconverter) is in wide use now and, along with the MC14, only fits two lenses (m.zuiko 40-150mm f2.8 pro and m.zuiko 300mm f4 pro) so shouldn’t take too much time to develop a profile. Would appreciate it being moved up the priority list.

Good afternoon Marie

It has been nearly a month since I asked the question, so would welcome any update that you might have as to the possible timescale for when the “Profile” for this tele-convertor and the two compatible lenses it is designed for will be available :slight_smile:

Afteral, silence is not always golden :wink:

Hello,

We will have the converter in a few days so we will be able to add lens correction profiles on the beginning of next year as planning is done.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie

Thanks for the positive reply :slight_smile:

IMO the two updated profiles cannot come soon enough, as I will have to avoid too much use of the MC-20 until then :wink: :smiley:

Please, can I ask you if this converter can be used at PL2 or I will need PL3?

Thank you for your response

Hello @miksik,

modules will be compatible with PL2 and PL3.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Hello Marie,

thank you!
At the meantime I bought upgrade of PL2 :grinning: I hope that at near future at PL3 will be included support for Olympus TG-6 (as well as TG-5 previously).

Regards

Ivan

Hello,

modules for M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO with TC x2.0 Zuiko and M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4 IS Pro with TC x2.0 Zuiko are in progress.
We are too short for the upcoming release but they will be available on January.

Concerning TG-6 it is on roadmap, I hope to be able to add it soon.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie

Your update is much appreciated…as you know silence is not golden, so updates even if not what you think users might want to hear are still good to ‘tell’.

Early(?) January is not too far off…yet :wink:

Hi Marie @Marie

I would like to check that you are still on track for this in January (before the 31st day please :slight_smile: ) ???

Why do I ask, well the DxO supported camera and lens profiles page says 2020-02 and that means February to me :frowning:

TIA :slight_smile:

Hello @BoxBrownie,

yes, modules with MC20 are almost ready and will be released in January.
In the roadmap I just take some room in case unexpected issues happened and delay the release.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie @Marie

Thanks for the welcome confirmation :slight_smile:

In regard to the roadmap…got it! Very much a sales technique “under promise & over deliver” :wink:

I have just a warning for modules with MC20 : modules for Olympus cameras will be released in January but modules for Panasonic cameras will be released with next version of PhotoLab 3 (something like 3.2, planned at end of February or beginning of March) and won’t be compatible with previous version.
Lens identification of micro 4/3 lenses doesn’t work the same way in Olympus and Panasonic and for Panasonic we can have, like now, to update the code.

Regards,
Marie

I bought my mc-20 july 8. 2019, it now over 6 months I haven’t had the full use of DxO Photolab. Same thing when I bought my EM1x, it took forever before I even could handle the raw files.

Of course it takes time, but why do we need a new release to get new modules, they should be released as soon as ready. I know I am a first mover but it is rather annoying to wait and it really hurts the Photolab value. Specially the raw file support for EM1x was bad, most other software had support.
Kind regards
Morten Ekstroem

Hi Marie @Marie

It has been a while now and we are @ 21st January…so have you an update as to when in January the new profiles will be released for the MC-20 and its two compatible lenses for the Olympus camera bodies???

TIA :slight_smile:

Hello @BoxBrownie,

modules will be released on January 19th.

Modules will be for Olympus cameras with “M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO with TC x2.0 Zuiko” and “M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4 IS Pro with TC x2.0 Zuiko”. They will be comptible with PhotoLab 2 and 3 (depending of your camera).

Unfortunately modules for Panasonic micro 4/3 cameras will be released only in March and will be compatible only with PhotoLab 3 as we had to modify some Exif reading information.

Regards,
Marie