Latest release PL5 5.2.1 b62 is generating fuzzy output

…download trial installers to get a .dmg file of the current version. I do that occasionally and keep the respective mails. They contain the links to Mac and Win installers.

Note: I repeated the test with JPEG output files. DPL 5 builds 55 and 62 delivered identically sharp output so far.

I’ve seen this too. Output files are softer than what is displayed within PL5 when viewing the edits made on the raw files, cropped or not.

Here the same. The lens distortion is not corrected. Mac Mini M1 und Photolab 5.2.1.

So DxO Won’t allow me to use v4.0 anymore because I paid for the upgrade to 5 I am no longer licensed to use v4.0, not even on the same computer.

That is just stupid - you buy the upgrade and then find it is faulty and cannot revert to the old version because you are no longer licensed to use that !? Huh !!

I’m not sure what you are doing differently but I can run PL3, PL4 and PL5 all at the same time.

I only have one licence, which works for all versions since PL1.

I deleted PL4 and reinstalled so I guess that requires activation again. Anyway I managed to find I have the DMG for 5.1.1 which seems to not suffer the fuzziness problem.

DxO - if you are listening perhaps you could make earlier versions available in the same way the current version is available from your download server.

DxO_PhotoLab5.dmg

DxO_PhotoLab5.1.1.dmg

DxO_PhotoLab5.2.0.dmg

Otherwise perhaps you could provide us with a procedures for how are we supposed to upgrade to new dot versions to test them and then revert back if there are issues ?

Also why is it that some people apparently are able to run both V4 and V5 and yet you say I am not licensed to run V4 because I purchased the upgrade to V5 ? Presumably so did they.

Upgrading usually means, that you’re licensed to use the new version instead of the old version. That is why an upgrade costs less than a full license.

I’m not sure what DxO publishes in this respect, I guess I’ll have to read the license agreement again… EULA section 3 sais:

Software labelled as an upgrade replaces and/or supplement the Software that formed the basis for your eligibility for the upgrade.

This basically means that you can use a previously acquired software without being in conflict with the EULA, unless some other part of the EULA or a sales contract says otherwise. BTW, the French version of the EULA is the reference, so you might want to read that text to be sure to not miss anything.

Les Logiciels désignés comme constituant des mises à jour remplacent et/ou complètent le Logiciel qui constituait le fondement de votre éligibilité à la mise à jour.

1 Like

Apparently DxO have made 5.2.0 DMG available to download here.

https://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/Archive/v5.2.0/Mac/5.2.0.56/DxO_PhotoLab_5.2.x-dev_56_notarized.dmg

They listened - thanks guys.

EDIT - here is the comparison 5.2.0 seems ok.

1 Like

Getting exactly the same issue with 5.2.1 with an M1 Mac, macOS 12.3.1, Nikon NEFs.

Sharp images when making adjustments then getting softened when exporting to 100% JPEG. The results are consistent whether using HighQuality, Prime or DeepPrime noise processing. Also, independent of full frame or enlarged crops.

In addition, I have noticed that this is true with the few TIFF exports for post processing. Although they are full frame, zooming in shows a softening from the original.

DxO needs to fix this!

Edit: I rolled back to 5.2.0 with Time Machine and the issue is no longer present. A proper update to the problematic one is needed or simply pull 5.2.1 until it is properly fixed and re-released as a 5.2.2 to clearly signify it has been fixed.

A post 3-4 items immediately before yours and elsewhere on the forum provides information how to easily get 5.2.1.

Caution: The latest release I found working without issues in customizing and processing is 5.1.3. All releases I tested after that have an issue that might be related to what we see in this thread. For my work, I’ve reverted to DPL 5.1.3.

5.2.2 update is working?

Wish I’d checked the forums before hitting update to the most recent version.

Several edits looking spot on on screen but exports are unusable.
Look out of focus and fuzzy.

Not great and somewhat disappointing as was the first day out with the camera for a few weeks.

Anyway to role back or older versions available?

Edit and a somewhat false alarm.

I sent the edits via AirDrop straight to my iPad to then forward to my partner. For some reason the exported file is tiny hence looking rubbish.
This is a new issue however as I do this all the time with no issue.
I will do some more digging but the export to Airdrop possibly ‘broken’.
Can anyone else test so I can rule out a possible issue my end as it’ll be later tonight/tomorrow now before I get another look.

You bet there is.
Look up :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

1 Like

Cheers. Missed that however may not be needed as per my edit above.

I’ll grab it though just in case!

There is an issue on export in 5.2.1. This is from another thread:

cdxIngmar LeblancDxO staff

4d

We have identified a bug in certain situations affecting specifically version 5.2.1. We are preparing a fix that will be released soon.

If your processings are showing that issue, you can temporarily revert to version 5.2.0 (https://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/Archive/v5.2.0/Mac/5.2.0.56/DxO_PhotoLab_5.2.x-dev_56_notarized.dmg ) until version 5.2.2 is out.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem related tbh but who knows.

Exported one of the pictures to HDD instead after noticing the small export size of the Airdrop export and JPEG/DNG/TIFF all exported as expected to HDD.

This is with 5.2.2 65B so most recent.

Ill dig more when time allows but possibly I will just have to avoid Airdrop for now which is no real hardship in the grand scheme.
Never had issue with Airdrop before though. Possibly a one off.

Yes v5.2.2 is working fine for me.

1 Like

Thanks Duncan, will try the update then.