Latest DxO Webinars

I have been a user of DxO products for many years now, but I continue to utilize tips from users here and the DxO webinars to make certain I utilize the full potential of PhotoLab, ViewPoint, FilmPack and the DxO Nik plugins.

I really appreciate the work of PhotoJoseph and Dan Hughes with the latest webinars, but it seems they’ve missed something we would like to know. That’s how to better utilize these tools working together.

Dan is likely the most qualified person to teach use of the DxO Nik plugins because of his association with them going back to the days of Nik. But it’s clear his current experience is with the plugins and Photoshop, not PhotoLab.

PhotoJoseph is a great trainer, but I suspect he does not have much experience with PhotoLab based in viewers reminding him of a feature of the product.

For those of use who have abandoned Adobe products, webinars with better integration of PhotoLab and the DxO Nik plugins would be appreciated. An occasional tip on use of FilmPack and ViewPoint with PhotoLab would be nice, too.

Bob

1 Like

It is for users to do it !
Even if personally I cannot do.

Pascal

I have seen some of the new German videos now and I must say, they really helped me a lot. Even with things I thought I already understood.

You can check Ed website, he’s been doing some for years and now with AP.
https://edknepleyphoto.photos/

I’m a user of Nik but, sending a copy .tiff to work in Nik then sending back to PL with that new .tiff, no point doing so. Nik is a plugin and from AP or Ps (Ps as more play) you can do more, set the opacity, create a mask / invert it, paint IN where you want or what you need, duplicate and change blend mode, etc… can’t do this in PL.
Using Nik from PL, you can also use Luminar, Exposure X5, Topaz as example, all of them end-up the same way, starting with a new .tiff file with no comeback to fix any edit.

*wish list from DxO, send a copy .tiff to Nik to do the work but save the edit in a readable file for PL to keep working on and not having to restart from that .tiff but keeping editing from where we left, maybe with implementation of “layers” to achieve this or just a new palette section like they did with LA.

1 Like