Latest Capture One marketing decision may increase opportunities for PhotoLab

For sure, if you don’t have any arguments, it’s a meaningless thread. I just want to know why CO1 is a respectable DAM.

I have never heard of CO1 so presume you mean C1 as in Capture One. I did use C1 for some years and was pleased with it both as an editor and a dam. However it is not a DxO product so is not really worthy of debate here. What I will say is the C1 dam is not a filter, as you put it, and is capable of handling a shed load more images than you suggest. I am no longer following this meaningless thread.

1 Like

May I draw your attention to this post?

Capture One has pulled its “focused” apps and time will tell, it this brings new customers to PhotoLab. All the better for DxO if it does.

1 Like

@colin_g : just because a new forum member acts a bit rude and far too convinced to posess the only truth, doesn’t make the thread entirely meaningless :wink: but rather annoying to follow. You can always actively ignore forum members. I agree with

as no one knows what will be the impact of C1’s marketing decisions. Many C1 users won’t run to another app so easily.

@EtMRS

Who is we? – Better talk for Yourself.

@EtMRS, thanks for your offer. It’s all clear and everyone does (and should) work with whatever means one uses - and is happy with - to get the results one likes or searches for.

1 Like

I always loved C1 even with the lesser features. The last 2y the have been increasing the price for the updates. C1 updates usually are really peanuts only this year HDR and pano where added but even now i still prefer affinity for this or aurora. Removing the cheaper versions really suck as it’s not worth the update price. And skipping a year is not an option as you have to pay more if you skip a version.

I am going to move probably to pl5 waiting for a promotion to buy it. I just miss the dam in pl5 and i hate that vp is not part of the application. This is basic functionality imho

But for the rest it is nice maybe i keep the C1 express as dam and use pl5 to edit my photos.

1 Like