Keywords missing

Hi everyone

I’ve upgraded to PL3 (from PL1). Unfortunately, I can’t find how to add keywords to my pictures. I’ve read the user manual. But the keywords window isn’t under the exif window. I tried on a raw file and on a jpg file.
What it should be

What it is for me

Could someone help me ?
Have I did something wrong ?
Thanks for your answer.

Adding keywords in is only possible on Mac for the time being, this function will be added soon for windows also. If you have added keywords with i.e a DAM software then PL will read it in both windows and Mac

1 Like

Hello @fsegaert,

As @Sigi correctly replied to you “Adding keywords” in PL3.0 on Windows is impossible, you can only see the keywords that have already been assigned. But very-very soon you’ll be provided (as promised) with the new version where this functionality gets available (comparison of PL3.0 vs the coming PL3.1):

keywords

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hi Svetlana

I look forward to Keyword entry in PL for Windows :slight_smile: any idea on the date of implementation.

However, as per PL3 already honouring the basic Copyright fields from my Lightroom fields…will PL implement keywording in a manner that is readable in the reverse direction by Lightroom (and other DAM’s)???

TIA for the insight :smiley:

Hello @Sigi and @sgospodarenko

Thank you for your answer ! I am looking forward to PL3.1 !

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hello,

• Yes, in December :slight_smile:
    Regards,
    Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana

Good to know…but hopefully as I mentioned the methodology of PL Keywords means that LightRoom can read them as well, just like PL reads the LR ones :wink:

Good morning,

• Unfortunately nope, LR won’t be able to read these keywords as they are not written to xmp.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Bob,

In Photo Supreme there is an option to “Convert all Metadata to XMP” hence the Keywords written in DPL show up. I do not know Lightroom but maybe there is a function which does the same?

Sigi

Hi Svetlana

A pity that it is not a ‘two way street’ :frowning:

I will have to look at, as @Sigi suggests for a “Convert all Metadata to XMP” in LR.

I am unsure if XMP is so to speak a ‘standard’ perhaps like JPEG i.e. can be seen & written to by many programs. I have come across at least one other program that professes its DAM capability but is also a proprietory structure…I learned that soon enough before commiting myself to its use!

So, for now I will stick with LR for my DAM function and rely, as I am doing more now, on PL for my Post Processing ~ c’est la vie :slight_smile: