JPEG doesn't look like RAW and the exposure is changing too

Hello. Why does JPEG look different from RAW and the exposure also changes as a result of RAW’s translation to JPEG or TIFF? We have to edit JPEG, and this is a double job. Notice the foliage and the green color. This JPEG I get when processed in DXO. I only shoot in RAW. DSC00851.ARW (24.2 МБ) DSC00851.ARW.dop (8.6 КБ)

I tried it. First time I the module had to be loaded and that failed for some reason. The exported jpg was like the image in PL.
Then I tried to load the module again and succeeded. Now the jpg looks like yours, different from what I see in PL…
Try it yourself without the module. Probably the problem is there.

George

1 Like

Hello @Alexkon,

Thank you for the post. Well, in DxO PL some corrections (such as Lens sharpness, Chromatic aberration and some other) are getting visible in the Preview only when the zoom value is 75% and higher. And this is exactly the reason of your difference, if you zoom to 100% and compare -> you will get the equal result like this:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be visible in the jpg.

This one is without the module.

This one with the module.

George

1 Like

Thank you George. I recently changed a 6300 to a7. And after that, the discrepancy between JPEG and PL. Apparently RAW a 6300 and a 7 need to be handled differently. I’ve already solved this problem for myself.

Got it. Thank you Svetlana Grigoryevna.

Not Grigoryevna actually :wink:

1 Like

Sorry Svetlana Gennadyevna, but you signed up as Grigoryevna.

I’m translating by a driver. In the original is G. , and in the translator Grigoryevna.

Sorry Svetlana. I realized G. is Gospodarenko.

Yep, G is for the surname :slight_smile:

In case you’ll have a difficulty to express the problem in EN, I can assist you in RU.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thank you Svetlana. If necessary, I will use your help.

1 Like

Just a question - what city is in the image? :slight_smile:

Кемерово. Это во дворе средней общеобразовательной школы № 97.

1 Like