Jerky opening and closing of tabs

Focusing distance and Focal length are required when distance information (tag EXIF) is not precise enough.
It is requested with my ultra wide angle lens with photos taken with short focus distance.
These informations are to refine the distirsion correction.

Split toning requires FilmPack.
I don’t know why you can see these options on Mac (not on Windows built).

Pascal

I have PhotoLab Elite and Filmpack. Focusing Distance does not appear to be an option in the PC version.

Mark

i took the liberty to download your screenshots.
i will print them on A3 at work, so i use your vision on this matter by comparing my and yours.
(Normally hiding means forgetting its there, at least with me, I don’t spent every day in photolab so i am still exploring its potentials and learning about behaviours of its tools.)

I was used to this compact interface structure, just see what you are working on. bottom special tools are floating and placed where you like, second screen, beside the image.
less chaotic. also less configurable too. don’t know which is better, i am used to jerk the bar up and down searching for my tool. :slight_smile:
menu structure

Yes.
Appears on Windows built only if requested.

Pascal

What do you mean by “only if requested”? I don’t recall a setting for that?

What software is that compact menu structure from?

Mark

quote out manual:

Focal length and focusing distance

The lens focal length and focusing distance of a photo are recorded in the EXIF data of your images. However, this information is not always accurate. For example, different but close positions of the focal length ring (say, 17 and 18 mm) could result in the same value (say 18 mm) being recorded in the EXIF data. In this case, the distortion correction may be less than optimal. In the same manner, the focusing distance might be recorded in the EXIF data with insufficient precision, and similarly lead to an imprecise correction. In both cases, to improve the effectiveness of the optical corrections, you can provide more accurate values in one (or both) of the rollups that appear in the Geometry palette:

• Focal length : Use the slider to specify the lens focal length.
  • Focusing distance : Select a range for the focusing distance in the drop-down menu, then fine-tune with the slider.

The Focal Distance and Distance focusing sliders are permanently displayed in the OS X version, and appear automatically in the Microsoft Windows version.

Still don’t understand what it does exactly. The help manual isn’t elaborating so to speak.
That is stil a major thing: to slim explanation how things work and how you can use it along other tools. (We posted earlier about which tools interfear/effect each others automated settings and what they actual are using to accomplish its out come.)

Silkypix 7 pro

Re-read my post :wink:

A question for you.
What is your screen size and definition.
I take a look on the zoom value from your screen shot; 31% and 50% for the entire image.

Some effects of image definition corrections are only visible in preview with a zoom at least of 75%.
To obtain a faster display at lower ratios, some corrections (noise reduction, dead pixels, moiré, accentuation, chromatic aberration, …) are not activated.

http://dxo.tuto.free.fr/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#B4_La_fenetre_de_lapercu

Two panels on each sides “eat” your workspace !

Pascal

I have a 28" 4K monitor, (approx. 71 cm). I can always temporarily close the left side to get me more room if I need it. Most of the work is done with the right side palettes. My images are usually displayed at around 50%.

Mark

Hum.
With a 4K screen you should have a better image definition.
Do you use the Windows display scale ?

Take a look on this
http://dxo.tuto.free.fr/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#D_MaJ_Logiciel

Pascal

I am on a Mac (iMacPro) Jerky is the opposite of instantaneous.

Cheers, Bob.

Here is a movie showing the jerkiness.https://forum.dxo.com/uploads/default/original/2X/d/d197c3940199c88091e118d551bcffbb36ed3c10.mp4

We had a discussion about this a while back and I have things set up as you suggested. After careful configuration and testing when viewed at 100% 1 pixel on my monitor equals 1 pixel on my images. The 31% you referred to is not my image. Mine are shown with the image displayed at 50%.

Mark

yes, i did “These informations are to refine the distirsion correction.”
just kidding: :yum:
Ok as far as i understand your comment, i can correct wrong exif data from the rawfile and say alter a angle so DxO can recalculate the distortions?
(i did observed some leftover barrel of my fz200 WA seen on doors and frames, and i need to correct this in manual mode.) So i can use "focallenght , if its appearing, to correct this?
What about focusing distance: i just choose my fysical distance between my frontlens and object, if i remember it , in this tool and dxo is reconfigure its distortioncorrection?
when i change from infinity to 0.65m i see change on my screen, optical bending is changing. Is that what you mean? it reconfigure its focalplane? Flattens the wall so to speak?
Do you use that often?

Yes i know, mostly seen with Chromatic abberation, that dissapears after zooming in.
i mostly use zooming for examining details. (third screen option as i said would be great. but i think my wife would be asking if i start to be overcompensate :joy: .)

That link does not work for me.

Mark

YES
NO, only for short distances with my UWA lens

Pascal

It is the link from the website, I just uploaded the file? It works for me, downloads an mp4 movie.

Here is mine win10 i7 4770 3.40Ghz 8gb 64bit

i have seen yours but i can’t get that on mine. (refreshingrate screen?)