Is Nik 3 essentially adding Viewpoint 3 in the suite's functinonality?

that could easily be - I always forget exactly what sliders are added but for me personally the main advantage is - ability to work on raw files.

1 Like

I agree. I have been using Filmpack 5 Elite regularly since I purchased it and Viewpoint 3 as a suite with Photolab 1 at the end of 2017. Even though Viewpoint functionality is now included in the Nik collection, I would not hesitate buying it in order to use it directly on raw files from within Photolab. Having Viewpoint functionality within the Nik collection gives us all greater flexibility depending on our software workflow.

Mark

Hi all, new member having just bought DXO Photolab and ViewPoint and already a happy owner of NIK3. Was reading thinking I’d wasted money on ViewPoint but actually this makes sense. Would rather have corrections to my many wide angle photos as changes to a dop file than a 200-300Mb tiff!.

cheers,

Mark

1 Like

Hello Mark,

it absolutely makes sense. The large tiff file would not be anything to worry about but the big advantage for me is that with Viewpoint you can work on raw-files.

Sigi

Both are working on a RGB raster image. The advantage of PL is that it’s part of the internal workflow.
I don’t see any profit to use the external Viewpoint when one is using PL with Viewpoint.

George

Yes. I also upgraded and felt the same

Any solution here will be appreciated.

For which problem/question are you seeking a solution, Kary ?

John

1 Like