Is Android Raw format now supported in PL3?

The thing with the new phones is - computational photography. There’s lot going on behind the scene when you take shot. And it’s hard to beat with RAW files.

With the Pixel I was first a little disappointed because it had nearly no manual settings. Using it now for quite a while I don’t miss anything (in most situations).
The produced JPGs are pretty good coming from several stacked, computed and merged images.

While preparing the 3 images above I find it quite hard to beat what the phone produced out of the box.
Of course I’m not superduper smart RAW freak that’s why I would like to have a descent tool to process the shots - and PL is doing pretty well what I found out so far.

Also I think there is still more potential in the phones hardware when manufacturer would aim more to photographers. Most of the phones by now are targeting the ponit-and-shoot folks (that not negative!).

If anyone needs a competent Android raw converter/editor, ON1 photo (at least the latest version) does the job well. Image quality and denoising is not as good as DXO, but it’s much improved in the latest version. I’m switching as I now use my phone camera much more than I use my zs100 Panasonic (and I sold my a6000).

If it can help to list what missing in supported raw files I created a list for wishing support of unsupported raw here Wish list to support old raw files by DXO #photo archive matter and don’t forget to vote by clicking on the button “Vote” below the title.