iPhone SE 2020

Hello,
I have an iPhone SE 2020 and no settings for dng, so had to install Lightroom to use the lightroom camera and export the dng file. Does PureRaw support this please?

1 Like

I had a trial of DxO PR recently and found that DNGs produced by my SE were not recognised. I could use Topaz DeNoise and On1 No Noise on them without issue.
I was using both Halide and the On1 app to create the DNGs.
Maybe DxO PureRaw 2 will be able to handle them. So you could do what I did and download a trial.

1 Like

PhotoLab and PureRAW use DxO Modules to not only decode the RAW data but also correct for known characteristics of the sensor and lens, such as distortion, aberration, vignetting, and sharpness, across the range of apertures (and in the case of zooms, focal length). To achieve this DxO spend significant time in a lab with real devices measuring all of these things. This means it can be a slow process to get new cameras and lenses added.

That said, phone cameras have not been supported well in the past, either. The newest iPhone supported is the iPhone X. I cannot speak to why no newer iPhones have been added by DxO, but in addition to Adobe being a much larger company with more resources, I think they also do substantially less work to add their support for new devices. This shows in the fact that PhotoLab/PureRAW can produce far clearer images than Lightroom from the same source file.

Think you misunderstood my reply mate. I wasn’t comparing lightroom to dxo. I only use lightroom on my phone to shoot in raw, which gives a dng file. But Sadly DXO doesn’t support this dng file.

Thanks mate, but if yours wasn’t recognised then doubt very much if mine will be. Might as well just buy and use Topaz DeNoise. I did ask DXO support, but they don’t even know, even though it is their product. Go figure :slight_smile:

Thanks mate, I already use Lightroom to shoot in dng, was just wondering if these images will work in PureRaw

I use On1 PR 2022 as my main image editor and in most instances the built-in NoNoise AI is more than adequate.
However, it fails with very high ISO low light images and, during a trial, I found that DxO PureRaw did better than even Topaz DeNoise AI, which I also have. DNAI is now out in a new version that can directly process RAW images and is now pretty much as good as PureRaw and with many more user controls. The only downside is that the DNGs it produces are much larger. The upside is that it is half the price and comes with a year of upgrades. It is upgraded frequently so that is a plus.
I don’t work much with DNGs produced by my iPhone, since I have a “proper” camera.
For your purposes, I suggest you download the free trial of Topaz DNAI before deciding whether to purchase.