Internal Error (Correction failed on the execute stage)

Internal Error (Correction failed on the execute stage)
This occurs as soon as you try and load an image
The camera and lens combination was supported (surprisingly) and plugin downloaded
Canon EOS-M10 with Canon 24mm f1.4 L mk1
Bit of an unusual combination.
What is the issue here?

Removed plugin and images will load for basic unsupported corrections
Added plug in again, Error returned

Hello @bobmurden,

Could you, please, provide me with some sample images for the investigation?
Please, upload them here - upload.dxo.com under your name instead of “support ticket number” and notify me when ready.

And one more question, if you install a module but apply “No correction” preset - do you have the error?
Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

OK, I’ve uploaded 3 images and 3 screen shots
01 DXO main screen shows the image OK when no plugin is installed
02 As soon as the plugin is installed the main editor screen goes error
03 Error as soon as any subsequent image using the plugin is attempted to be worked on

Kind regards
Bob

If I apply 4 - No correction the image returns,
From there I can click other corrections in the Preset editor panel and the colour and contours are affected but there is no geometry corrections (unless it’s already a perfect lens - hard to believe!)

All the corrections appear to work but with no geometry, but only if ‘no corrections’ is selected first.
Loading an image in any other preset causes the error

Clicking Compare shows the before and after where it is clear no lens corrections have been made

It will export to disk and the exported image reflects the changes made.

A bit complicated!

Regards
Bob

1 Like

The EF-M50 version of the plugin works fine
Bob

Hello Bob,

Thank you for the files. We can reproduce the issue and will correct the module as soon as possible.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Can you check this out,
This is an EOS-M50 with EF-M 18-55mm
The corrections are actually introducing lens distortion that wasn’t there in the original shot.

Hello @bobmurden,

The image you provided does not have the module support at all. Could you, please, better upload it to our server upload.dxo.com and let me know when ready?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Killed all other apps, the problem seems fixed. Cannot say for sure which one caused conflict.

Seems like I got some other problem but with the same error message. ‘Export to disk’ fails, displaying red exclamation mark on the thumbnail. Fails at random, but usually pressing ‘export to disk’ for the second time ends up in a good save. There’s a fairly long delay between pressing the button and the start of ‘processing’ response. Never saw it until today.

I’m using stock V 2.1.0 with Viewpoint 3, no other plugins, Win 10. RAM and CPU usage seem normal, GPU idle, disk access OK.

Hello Nikolay!

As your issue is about the different thing, could you, please, adress the issue to the support - support.dxo.com and provide them with the logs (you can find them here - %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 2 logs).

Regards,
Svetlana G.

interall error can not export any image in any format windows10

What version of PhotoLab are you talking about? Is this a new problem or have you always had this problem with PhotoLab? Were there any new operating system upgrades or software installations just prior to the start of this problem? While it may sound obvious, have you tried rebooting your computer since this problem began? Finally have you considered doing a repair reinstall of Photolab which can address corrupted files? At this point, I think you’ve given us way too little information to help you.

Mark

1 Like

photolab4, latest update I’ve never actually tried to use this version before so to me it’s new, but this is the first time I have tried to export so if it’s new or old I have no idea.

Have you tried performing a reinstall?

Mark

Hello @kiteg2 and welcome to the forum,

Could you, please, create a ticket for support.dxo.com and provide your logs there ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 4 logs)?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.