Installed NIK Collection not recognised by Photolab 5

Hi, every so often Photolab 5 fails to recognise that NIK collection is installed & I have to uninstall & reinstall the latter to get photolab to recognise it. This happens when photolab is updated but today it happened after the latest Windows 10 quality update. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

I have the same issue. Just bought PL5 and NIK and PL says “NIK is not installed”, while NIK install confirms it already is installed. :frowning:

Hi TrollCZ, it has happened again for no apparent reason. As I said in my original post the only way to get PL5 to recognise NIK when this happens is to uninstall & reinstall NIK collection. It’s a real pain but there doesn’t seem to be any other answer to it.

Good morning guys!

Could you, please, provide me with your logs ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 logs)

In case you can’t attach them directly here, use upload.dxo.com

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks Svetlana, here are the log files.
DopCor.0.txt (35.4 KB)
DopCor.txt (118.7 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.0.txt (187.8 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.1.txt (85.9 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.2.txt (766.0 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.3.txt (841.0 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.4.txt (454.9 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.5.txt (334.5 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.txt (996.7 KB)
Regards, Geoff

Thank you! Investigating…

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Dear @geoffoote ,

We should do deeper investigation and need your help.
Please, remove all your logs. Then put this file DebugLog.nlog (508 Bytes)
in the “DxO PhotoLab 5 logs” folder and run PhotoLab. Then provide us with the new logs.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks again. I have done as you asked & here are the log files:
DebugLog.nlog (508 Bytes)
DxO.PhotoLab.txt (1.5 MB)
At the moment PL5 is recognising NIK collection. Regards, Geoff

Good afternoon,

I am having the same issue.
Log files attached.

BobDopCor.0.txt (72.2 KB)
DopCor.1.txt (137.6 KB)
DopCor.2.txt (172.6 KB)
DopCor.3.txt (107.2 KB)
DopCor.4.txt (34.0 KB)
DopCor.5.txt (34.4 KB)
DopCor.6.txt (34.0 KB)
DopCor.txt (34.2 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.0.txt (290.5 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.1.txt (322.2 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.2.txt (424.7 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.3.txt (331.9 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.4.txt (237.1 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.5.txt (120.1 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.6.txt (295.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! Could you, please, do the same test as I asked above?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

@sgospodarenko,
Can you tell me what that Nik collection is actual doing. I dont mean the program’s but the fact it is installed.

George

Svetlana,

I have done as requested. (Nik remains unreachable.) Files attached.DebugLog.nlog (508 Bytes)
DxO.PhotoLab.txt (2.7 MB)

Bob

Thank you! Investigating…

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @thecorfiot ,

Could you open a PowerShell prompt and run the following command
Get-ChildItem -Path "HKLM:\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nik Collection"

It should display the NikCollection plugins installation paths, something like

Thanks

1 Like

@gpailler

I should point out that I have reinstalled Nik Collection and so far it appears to be accessible from PL5.

I have run the Powershell command as requested and the result is in the attached file.

Bob

Nik location.txt (1.4 KB)

Oh ok. Then please run the command if you face the issue again. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks

I have done the same Gregoire but, like @thecorfiot, following the reinstall of NIK Collection all is working correctly. Here is the result of running the Powershell command:

I will run the command again should the problem recur. Thanks, Geoff

The problem recurred again today. As far as I know no updates were applied since yesterday when all worked fine. The result of running the Powershell command today was:

I also carried out the steps outlined by Svetlana & these are the log files while NIK collection was not recognised.
DebugLog.nlog (508 Bytes)
DxO.PhotoLab.txt (338.4 KB)

Once again uninstalling & reinstalling NIK collection restored the normal working to PL5.

I hope this helps your investigation. Geoff

This has been an issue for a while, but it would be nice if PL5 knew that the NIK collection was installed without reinstalling NIK (had to do that twice today).

1 Like

Is your PhotoLab configured to show the collection?
There is a box that needs to be checked like shown below: